1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me if the Pre's email app has an auto BCC feature? The Treo has it, and it is very useful to me.
    email compainion app has bcc feature.
    Can anyone tell me if the Pre's email app has an auto BCC feature? The Treo has it, and it is very useful to me.
    Yes, the standard email app has that feature... when you are creating an email, tap the "TO" square in upper left corner. It should expand down with CC & BCC fields. Tap it again to hide those fields.
    They asked about auto bcc and the Pre doesn't have that feature. The email companion app has the auto bcc.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    But the native email app does not, and it should, was standard on my centro, and most emails I send on the Pre, I have to manually add the bcc, pain.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I could not find the email companion app?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    it is in Preware as well as here. http://www.optionsprosperity.com/com..._0.9.4_all.ipk
  8.    #8  
    How does Email Companion stack up to the stock email app? Does it have all the same features? Push capability? Notifications?

I would like the auto BCC feature, but not at the expense of some of the other features.
    I have downloaded the Companion ipk but I get an error every time I try to install it using Webos Quick Install, I get an error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    I have downloaded the Companion ipk but I get an error every time I try to install it using Webos Quick Install, I get an error message.
    I should have asked for some help with this.

Also, are there any other good email apps for use with POP mail. Email is one of the most important things I do on my pre and I find it frustrating.

Len
    What is the error?
    You might want to try downloading it through preware. Just go list of everything, start typing email companion.

If you have not installed preware yet, hit the big blue button in quick install, change the feed to webos internals (pre), tick preware, hit download, then hit install.
    I should have asked for some help with this.

Also, are there any other good email apps for use with POP mail. Email is one of the most important things I do on my pre and I find it frustrating.

Len
    Are you trying to Bcc yourself on messages you send? I used to do this when I used POP, but now that I use IMAP, I always have all my sent mail in my Sent folder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    How does Email Companion stack up to the stock email app? Does it have all the same features? Push capability? Notifications?

I would like the auto BCC feature, but not at the expense of some of the other features.
    there is a bideo in his thread I am on the Pre so it is a little hard to go find the thread and post it here. EC is designed to complement the stock email app and just adds features it integrates some of the features with the stock email app.
    Are you using the latest version of webosqi. It is also available in Preware now.
  15.    #15  
    Does Email Companion allow you to customize the email notifications? Like, pick different notifications for different senders?