Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am one week into my Pre Plus. Nice phone! The other day I started getting a yellow email triangle. It also stopped giving me a visual warning that I had incoming email. I have to manually check it, and after I do, the triangle returns. I have tried a reset, deleting and re entering my accounts, which are two comcast.net accounts and gmail. No luck. What does that yellow thing mean and how do I make it stop?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicework View Post
    I am one week into my Pre Plus. Nice phone! The other day I started getting a yellow email triangle. It also stopped giving me a visual warning that I had incoming email. I have to manually check it, and after I do, the triangle returns. I have tried a reset, deleting and re entering my accounts, which are two comcast.net accounts and gmail. No luck. What does that yellow thing mean and how do I make it stop?
    Thanks!
    I've had the issue before. In my case it was a corrupt email. Try to find and delete the offending email of both the Pre and the server. That took care of the problem for me.
    If you are using Yahoo Mail (or one of the AT&T subs), this will come up every so often and will go away after a short time without having to mess with your settings.
    might be a problem with the email service. Try connecting to it from Outlook Express and see if you can send/receive email... sometimes mail services have outages, that's a quick way to eliminate the possibility..
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Similar post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ail-issue.html

If you have any luck, please let us know how you fixed it.

Thanks
    I agree with Voicework! I have been able to get the dreaded yellow triangle to go away.

Whatever POP/IMAP account you are using, simply login to the main account and delete unwanted, suspicious, SPAM emails, etc. and make sure you empty your trash, bulk mail folders as well. In my case, I had multiple phony "Mailer-Daemon" failure notices and unsolicited emails in my inbox on the server.

Next sync your inbox on the Pre in the specific affected folder (not via All Folders). That SHOULD do the trick.

If you are having difficulty figuring out where the email(s) is/are (some people have hundreds a day), try limiting the amout of emails that are diplayed on the Pre first. Heck, start with 1 day, then 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, etc. until you can pinpoint when the triangle begins to show.

Not sure if it's a cureall, but it worked for me -- and I was struggling with this for several days!!!

God Bless,
    John
  7.    #7  
    Smart people on this forum. Thanks for your help. I'm sure more issues will come up in the future.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    If that's true, it sounds like a bug to me. Like most of us, I get a lot of spam - its not reasonable to have to do this every time you get a 'defective' email. I certainly don't have any problem with any other email clients . . .

In tracking down your problem email(s) did you see any commonality?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicework View Post
    Thanks!
    I had this exact same problem with the exact same set up. Two Comcast email accts and one gmail.

As others have suggested, perhaps its a corrupt email. I deleted all the junk mail and the trash for my one comcast account that was getting the triangle and then deleted all the same stuff off the Pre+ and it was fixed... for a while.

After a few weeks or mabe more than a few, the problem came back. Even though I was getting the triangle, and the Pre was reporting that the account had not synced in several days, I was still receiving email from that account on the Pre+. I tried the email delete trick but it was not working. I tried deleting and re adding the account that was causing the problem but it didnt help.

I contacted Palm support via web chat. I did a partial partial erease of the phone. re-entered my passwords and I havent had the problem since.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I contacted Palm support via web chat. I did a partial erase of the phone. re-entered my passwords and I haven't had the problem since.
    Ouch, and I thought deleting an account was a drastic step.

These kinds of issues worry me when many people are having the problem, but Support is able to get a bandage in place (at least temporarily) - does that mask the issue from the developers? I'd been hoping 1.4.1 would come through with a fix, but I don't even know if the issue is even on the road map. As much as I love cool new tools like adding video capability, I'd also love it if things just worked right.
    I've only seen happen with Yahoo. Not sure why but it doesn't do this with my Outlook or my Gmail. Something with Yahoo or the server side of it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sodajunkie View Post
    I agree with Voicework! I have been able to get the dreaded yellow triangle to go away.

Whatever POP/IMAP account you are using, simply login to the main account and delete unwanted, suspicious, SPAM emails, etc. and make sure you empty your trash, bulk mail folders as well. In my case, I had multiple phony "Mailer-Daemon" failure notices and unsolicited emails in my inbox on the server.

Next sync your inbox on the Pre in the specific affected folder (not via All Folders). That SHOULD do the trick.

If you are having difficulty figuring out where the email(s) is/are (some people have hundreds a day), try limiting the amout of emails that are diplayed on the Pre first. Heck, start with 1 day, then 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, etc. until you can pinpoint when the triangle begins to show.

Not sure if it's a cureall, but it worked for me -- and I was struggling with this for several days!!!

God Bless,
    John
    I had this happen a couple of times back in Jan. What appeared to happen was when I deleted an email from my comcast account from the web while on my PC and the same email had already synced to my Pre I would get the yellow triangle. What fixed it for me was to empty the trash folder on Comcast and then re-sync the acct on the Pre. I never had to do a partial erase. Just clean up your email on the server side from your PC. I would do like sodajunkie suggests. I'm pretty sure you should not have to delete and recreate email accounts or partial erase. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Same as Achill3s for me - it's only happened with my Yahoo account.

If you tap the yellow triangle, it shows you the last time email was checked for each of your accounts. Figure out which account was last checked the longest and there's where to start. I simply go into the Yahoo inbox and press the synch button and it updates.

I don't know if it's an issue with spam/junk that Yahoo filters out or what. I usually don't get email to that account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've only seen happen with Yahoo. Not sure why but it doesn't do this with my Outlook or my Gmail. Something with Yahoo or the server side of it.
    Same here... happens often for Yahoo (AT&T) accounts. It's gotten to the point that if/when it happens I just ignore it as it usually goes away shortly after. Checking for a corrupt email can help too... The last time I got it was when I forgot to pay my AT&T bill and they cut my email service so it was my stupidity that caused it. Logged in and paid the bill and it went away. LOL (funny how that works!)
    I get this with my hotmail accounts all the time. It will then just go away after I refresh in the email inbox or over time it will. It's so annoying. I dont keep any email in my inbox or deleted. I always remove everything after use so that can't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I get this with my hotmail accounts all the time. It will then just go away after I refresh in the email inbox or over time it will. It's so annoying. I dont keep any email in my inbox or deleted. I always remove everything after use so that can't be a problem.
    It appears to be related to time outs. Hotmail is slow. I get it all the time with Hotmail too...never with gmail.
    I get it on one account because of a huge daily email from Make Magazine. The email is many pages long with lots of images. If I delete it and empty the trash the triangle goes away.
    I've noticed undeliverable emails cause this issue.
    In my experience, I only get the yellow triangle if I try to refresh my mail too many times in a row... if I wait a bit, it usually goes away.
    My Yahoo mail has brain farts and will periodically stop checking for any new mail. I have removed the account a number of times which usually helps for a few days but then it reverts back. It will check manually but that is not how the account is intended to work. I have a Sprint Pre that is updated to 1.4.1.1 if that helps anyone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast