Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ive only had problems with yahoo and hotmail.. got rid of both accts and my battery life improved drastically. gmail lets you have numerous accts, so i just use them and my internet provider for emails now
    Mine was with Yahoo today. I noticed encryption was off. Changed it to SSL and triangle went away...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are using Yahoo Mail (or one of the AT&T subs), this will come up every so often and will go away after a short time without having to mess with your settings.
    Usually much more frequent if you are using more than one yahoo account though... they dont play well together at all due to the imap, push style accounts keep a light connection to the server at all times, yahoo is notorious for having lousy push... one way to fix that is to have them sync at differring times rather than maintaining a static connection to the server with the "as it arrives" option. this also helps having a single yahoo account too by the way. Although... you will always get it from yahoo... they just generally suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicework View Post
    I am one week into my Pre Plus. Nice phone! The other day I started getting a yellow email triangle. It also stopped giving me a visual warning that I had incoming email. I have to manually check it, and after I do, the triangle returns. I have tried a reset, deleting and re entering my accounts, which are two comcast.net accounts and gmail. No luck. What does that yellow thing mean and how do I make it stop?
    Thanks!
    You are getting the triangle on the two comcast accounts and not the gmail right?

Try setting your two comcast accounts to have staggering times for checking the server for new mail. Something like 20 minutes and 15 minutes... so that you minimize the frequency at which they try to check the email within a few moments of each other.

Another reason might be a corrupt email... but this is pretty infrequent. There are a few other reasons... but if I remember correctly I had comcast when I first got my pre... and had the same problem. Dont set either one of them to "as it arrives" maintaining a static connection to comcast doesnt work well when you have more than one account.
    I usually have been able to fix this issue. The causes people have listed in this thread are usually the problem and consequently I've been able to fix the problem. But not now.

I have the triangle but it's different this time. I have an IMAP personal email account and it's about half a day behind (give or take) with a yellow triangle for several weeks now. When I tap on the triangle this morning it says last synced 7/14/10, but the latest email is from 7/19/10.

Steps I've taken:

1. I've emptied the trash folder
    2. I've emptied the drafts folder
    3. I've emptied the spam folder
    4. I've gone through the inbox esp on mail on 7/14 and deleted anything not important
    5. I've deleted the account and recreated it.

None of these things have helped. I haven't done a partial erase but seriously, we shouldn't have to do partial erases to have our email work. I guess I'll do that if I can't think of anything else. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
    D
    I just had this same problem with my gmail account. I found the email that was causing problems (email from friend with 2 rather large picture attachments). I deleted the email and now my phone is finally after 7 days syncing my email.
    I had this problem while using WiFi at a hotel. After I acknowledged the WiFi terms and conditions in the browser, effectively registering my MAC address in their captive portal, my email started syncing again and the triangle went away.
    When the YEToD show up on my Palm Pre, it means I've lost total data network connection. I just toggle the Airplane Mode off/on and it reconnects. A PITA, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I've noticed undeliverable emails cause this issue.
    Same here so I just delete the message, and it goes away. Maybe to much info on one E-mail? IDK
    I know I wasn't sending to a bad account, so that definitely was not my issue, but I just had this happen.

I use only my personal gmail on my phone, no other accounts, at all.

Turns out it was corruption in emails I had sent to my roommate, who uses a yahoo account.

Once I went into my account online and deleted all that were sent to his yahoo account. The problem went away and I was able to immediately send the problem email in my Pre outbox!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had the Triangle of Death problem with my Hotmail account for the past week. It wouldn't sync folders and I had to manually download emails. After reading this thread, I remembered that I had gotten an email from a friend with some weird attachments. Deleted it on my phone and on Hotmail.com and the triangle went away. Thanks!
    I've been seeing this with my verizon.net POP3 accounts. I have emptied everything on the server side and repeatedly deleted the accounts from my Pre. None of that has helped. Whenever I add one of my verizon accounts, as soon as there's a message pulled down from the server, I get the yellow triangle and my gmail account stops syncing on my Pre. I'm wondering if there's something corrupt in the e-mail repository on my Pre that's persisting even after removing the accounts? Anyone know where that stuff lives that I could check or try to clean it up?
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    I've been seeing this with my verizon.net POP3 accounts. I have emptied everything on the server side and repeatedly deleted the accounts from my Pre. None of that has helped. Whenever I add one of my verizon accounts, as soon as there's a message pulled down from the server, I get the yellow triangle and my gmail account stops syncing on my Pre. I'm wondering if there's something corrupt in the e-mail repository on my Pre that's persisting even after removing the accounts? Anyone know where that stuff lives that I could check or try to clean it up?
    NM, it just occurred to me that there could be a corrupt message in my gmail inbox. Did some housekeeping, re-synced, put my verizon account back on and now everything seems to be okay. Big fat Doh!!!
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    I get this often at home with my work email. I have cox internet at home and wireless. If I send work email over wifi I get the triangle of death. As soon as I turn off wifi on my phone emails goes right tru. This is due to cox need to use their smtp servers to send email. In this case smtp.west.cox.net and because my email is using third party server like mail.smtp.net it errors out. Even on my desktop email I need my work email to use cox smtp server. At least this is what I have figured out in my case.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12