1.    #1  
    GSM Pre users can expect some real progress with the PALM Pre from the At&T move?

By real progress I mean:
    GPS navigation system
    Bluetooth fully working and compatible
    Flash capabilities
    ....all the endless apps and extensions that other brands (such as HTC) have been using for a while and that I used too on my OLD Palm Treo 650 but somehow Palm thought to ignore on the Pre..
    ???
    GPS works fine on my sprint pre.

I don't use bluetooth myself, but besides file transfer, whats wrong with it?

I don't understand why you would expect palm or att to control flash, that is silly.

Use classic to run PalmOS apps on your pre.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    bluetooth profiles are a palm issue not a carrier one. later webOS versions will have better bluetooth, ATT has nothing to do with it. butGPS issues are specific to verizon choosing to limit aGPS issues. Flash is an adobe issue.

The only improvements I can see coming from launching on ATT are more customers, which could lead to more apps and perhaps ATT's impressive marketing will do some justice for the WebOS as well.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/12/2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Speaking of marketing - I haven't heard a word about the release yet from AT&T except when someone here posted a Facebook link. Heck, the phone isn't even listed on their website. Why the silence?
    Last edited by shinerb; 05/12/2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: text edit
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    Speaking of marketing - I haven't heard a word about the release yet from AT&T except when someone here posted a Facebook link. Heck, the phone isn't even listed on their website. Why the silence?
    Read the front page. Scroll down a bit.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i doubt anything new except for having at&t bloat ware.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    GPS works fine on my sprint pre.
    who cares about your sprint pre, i wish sprint the worst, has done nothing good to this phone, i meant GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM like tomtom garmin ecc... like every normal phone since the early 21st century

I don't use bluetooth myself, but besides file transfer, whats wrong with it?
    sorry if file transfer is the most important issue

I don't understand why you would expect palm or att to control flash, that is silly.
    i'm hoping that overall it'll have more bargaining power than silly sprint to improve this old fashioned phone

Use classic to run PalmOS apps on your pre.
    before speaking check, classic is only compatible with a handful of stuff, none of which takes my fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    i'm hoping that overall it'll have more bargaining power than silly sprint to improve this old fashioned phone
    If you hate the phone so much why hang out here and torture yourself.