1.    #1  
    I got this message below from i_maq and I see how this could be useful. So if anyone is working on this or knows how to implement it he/she would be converting from Android to WebOS to join or community.

16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #2  
    Sorry i_maq, looks like no one cares for this as there is not a single post after 1 day.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    I think it's a great idea & would love this, but I can't make anything....but I would use it!!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sounds like we would need a script or something so that every txt message that comes in has a copy automatically forwarded to your gmail address.

In gmail, you'd have to setup a rule so that all txt's from the Palm Pre get labeled as such, then automatically archives
    What a great idea especially as there is no facility to backup or archive SMS messages on the Pre.

+1 from me

Gx
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    Sounds like we would need a script or something so that every txt message that comes in has a copy automatically forwarded to your gmail address.

In gmail, you'd have to setup a rule so that all txt's from the Palm Pre get labeled as such, then automatically archives
    i_maq did state that the Android version was open source and available... I will tell him/her to view this page and gather all items currently available for all of us.

EDIT: message sent... i asked that he/she post the current most links to the Open Source project for Android to here for all you Developers to look at... Even if you only know a little or are learning like me I am sure we can all help in some way.
    Last edited by demetry14; 05/13/2010 at 09:31 AM.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Thanks for this thread, demetry14, so let me explain how the Android version works exactly:

This is the app:

You simply sign in with your gmail details, username and password.

Settings:

After backup:

And in your gmail it creates a label based on what you want to name it from the app, so mine is sms:

It automatically threads your conversations by sender, up to 200 in one conversation.

In Android it can just run in the background silently, not sure how it would work on WebOS without the card always staying open.

App Homepage
    App Source Code
    Android .apk download (Direct link to installation file)

I'm not sure what to do with the source code or anything at all, go ahead devs, do your magic
    man I would love for this to happen. I wish there was a backup solution for the pre. I've been hitting copy/paste into the calender but have given up on that about 2 months ago just became too much to do. Hopefully something comes up because the message thread with this contact is too huge now to even attempt to back it up like that by myself.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Nobody got any solutions/suggestions?!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Nobody got any solutions/suggestions?!
    Although there are quite a few obsessed individuals, not everyone visits these forums on an hourly, or even daily, basis. Patience may be your friend...
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Yes my Queen, however you'll note the time difference between the 2 last posts would be 2 days, therefore the obsessed members you mention, might have missed this thread. Nothing wrong with an updated post after 2 days is there?
  12.    #12  
    I have to say... With Google obsessed with taking our information and selling it to the governments of the world I am surprised that they have not jumped on WebOS for solutions like this where they would be getting our data "willingly by the user".

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ha, Google don't seem to like to do anything much for WebOS from the looks of it.
  14.    #14  
    Competition is fierce, that is why Palm needs to get the PDK's out and people need to fight against a Google nation.

WOW, That sounded like Palm propaganda.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Still no interest in developing this app :-(
    First, great idea and I hope someone comes through with this!

Second.. this would probably get more attention if posted in the apps/patches subforums as an app/patch request.

Just an idea...
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I agree, I asked a Mod to move it but I guess they're not really active around these parts. That's where I would've put it anyway

Anyways, here is the new thread in the dev forum

Please post all replies to this thread now:

|http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...sms-gmail.html|
    Last edited by i_maq; 05/19/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    +1

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2