Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I've had my original Pre since the release date and today I notice a crack! It starts at the micro usb door and runs up almost to the screen. I'm not going for a replacement this close to my 1 year anniversary with it. The Sprint EVO is looking better and better.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    No 4G yet. We have great 3G coverage, though. It blows AT&T away! Sprint is building 3 new towers here and they should be operational soon. I'm sure it will be a while before we see 4G. The EVO sounds like it's going to be an awesome device.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Paris, TX. Mostly dairy cows... no 4G, I'd be surprised if they have 3g...

Epoxy will work wonders on platic. And they make JB Weld a few miles away in Sulphur Springs, so you can pop on over and get some samples...
    Use your warranty...
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Use your warranty...
    I didn't buy the insurance. Will they replace the still replace the phone?

UPDATE:
    I just talked to a tech at the Sprint Store in Sherman,TX and he said it would cost $120 to replace it. I think a new one is $149.
    Last edited by Sambo41; 05/12/2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    I didn't buy the insurance. Will they replace the still replace the phone?
    Of course. Warranty has nothing to do with insurance. No matter what you buy in this world, unless it's something $10 or less (I even think they do), it will always have a manufacturer's warranty for at least a year. That means the company will cover whatever happens to it as long as it's the company's fault and not yours (not true for all manufacturer's warranties, but it is for Palm's).
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Of course. Warranty has nothing to do with insurance. No matter what you buy in this world, unless it's something $10 or less (I even think they do), it will always have a manufacturer's warranty for at least a year. That means the company will cover whatever happens to it as long as it's the company's fault and not yours (not true for all manufacturer's warranties, but it is for Palm's).
    That assumes that Palm recognizes cracks from the USB door as a defect. From what I understand, only cracks from the center button is recognized and not cracks from the USB door. Nevertheless, it's worth a try, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Palm's warranty states "...EXCLUSIONS: This warranty does not apply (1) to damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or scratches on the LCD touchscreen or outside casing;...".
    I spent 8 years of my life right down the road from you in Commerce, going to school & working at the University.

As far as the phone, I started having the same problem with my phone (a crack going from the usb port and migrated to the screen). Just go to Palm's website and chat with one of their reps they will get a replacement for you! I had much better luck with Palm than I did with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    That assumes that Palm recognizes cracks from the USB door as a defect. From what I understand, only cracks from the center button is recognized and not cracks from the USB door. Nevertheless, it's worth a try, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Palm's warranty states "...EXCLUSIONS: This warranty does not apply (1) to damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or scratches on the LCD touchscreen or outside casing;...".
    I went into Verizon yesterday and had them take a look at my phone. I have the usb crack that has worked its way to the screen. The tech there looked on his comp and said that this was not a known issue. He could tell that I'd never dropped it or anything and told me that they'll send me another one. Should be here tomorrow... Doesn't hurt to try.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I have launch Pre and only problem I have is the power button has no spring in it... If I push with a little force, it still works though!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I just heard from a Sprint store salesperson that the EVO will be released June 6th. I may have to jump ship and get one.

And I just got an email from Sprint that the EVO will be available June 4th !
    Last edited by Sambo41; 05/12/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    no cracks on mine. knock on wood
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I drove an hour to the closest corporate Sprint store, also a service center. The tech there looked at my phone for 3 seconds and said "we can replace this with no problem". It's not costing me a cent, I'll still get my rebate in June. He didn't have a Pre in the store so it has been overnighted and should be at my door by noon tomorrow. That's great service!

The tech is an EVO advocate and was really pushing the Sprint EVO. I'm not sure if I'll try it out or not.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX