Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I took a step back from the forum at the end of February. Thought I got all the tips I needed for a while.

Came back and saw the Radio Shack post. Somehow that was a huge trigger. I got my first touchstone after owning a Pre since Sprint launch and it renewed my obsession with my phone.

I am attempting to use twitter, rss feeds, and drpodder. Not sure I completely know what I am doing, but I am going to give them a try.

I have been glued to my Pre and this forum for the past several days. It amazes all the new things that have come up in that short time I stepped back. Named launcher pages and mode switcher are incredible (donations coming soon for those). The telethon was a superb idea and glad I came back to take part in that (even if it was a little part). I cannot believe how well that is doing.

I can't seem to set the Pre down for more than 20 minutes at a time and I have even dreamed about the dang thing the past couple nights. OCD? maybe, but what a good thing to be obsessed about!
    yep, me too. I am my battery's worste enemy... Constantly punding this phone...
    I hope this excitement already included overclocking, UberKernel, and Govnah. If not, by the looks of it, be prepared for your head to explode.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I don't think that WebOS Doctor is certified to treat addiction disorders.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I hope this excitement already included overclocking, UberKernel, and Govnah. If not, by the looks of it, be prepared for your head to explode.
    I have not gotten those yet, I'm not sure I really understand them so I am hesitant about adding them. Why do I want them and can they 'hurt' my Pre?

I'll also go read the threads, but info on them would be appreciated. (and use sort of newb language too). Like; do I have to install one before the other?

I have also added the mobile hotsopt, which I think is crazy cool, can't wait to brag about that one. Not sure how often I'll actually need to use it, but it's very nice to have the option.

Edit: ok, I've read through govnah and uberkernal and I think I will pass on those. They don't really make a lot of sense to me so it's probably best if I leave that to the folks that 'get it'
    Last edited by tsnum4; 05/12/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    yeah that isn't really a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    I have not gotten those yet, I'm not sure I really understand them so I am hesitant about adding them. Why do I want them and can they 'hurt' my Pre?

I'll also go read the threads, but info on them would be appreciated. (and use sort of newb language too). Like; do I have to install one before the other?

I have also added the mobile hotsopt, which I think is crazy cool, can't wait to brag about that one. Not sure how often I'll actually need to use it, but it's very nice to have the option.

Edit: ok, I've read through govnah and uberkernal and I think I will pass on those. They don't really make a lot of sense to me so it's probably best if I leave that to the folks that 'get it'
    It's actually very simple. It doesn't matter which is installed first. After the reboot, simply open up Govnah and set the speed you want. I keep my pre in "Screenstate" and set the max to 800. That means that your pre will run at 800 MHz when the screen is on and the phone is running, and will drop to 500 MHz when the screen is off. Pair that with the "Faster Card Animation" patch and you've got a whole new pre experience. I've been running the 800 MHz ever since the original patch, and the UK and Govnah have been incredibly stable and a joy to use. Of course it can harm your phone since you're over-clocking your chip, but I've not noticed any problems yet, and actually get around 10% better battery life. Try it, you'll like it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Life moves fast! (in webOS world) Don't miss a thing!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i think this thread is more true today than just a short month ago.

i have since bought three additional touchstones and a car charger. and i am going app crazy.

i have my 9 neat, organized launcher pages (5x4) but i only use three of the rows right now because the launcher is in the way - better go get the hide launcher patch

i bought apps because i want them ... and they sound fun and ... well ...c'mon, the price is right. i haven't even so much as launched half of them after downloading them ...HELP! hahahaha

i have been mkaing more use of twitter though and perusing reddit the other day i came across a HILarious website 'dontevenreply' ... funny stuff
    I concur I can't accurately rate my battery because I wont let the screen shut off long enough LOL! Went on a spending splurge in the app catalog yesterday and today.