Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hopefully with an update or if sprint gets the pre plus, we will have the option of mobile hotspot. they have included it with the evo, which kind of makes me have some hope for an official tethering option, link below i bet its because its a 4g phone but i remain hopeful
    Sprint Employees Begin EVO 4G Training; Screenshots a Plenty | AndroidGuys
    I have a pre on sprint and I use mobile hotspot on it daily.
    everyday all day and even blew away a nexus one owner when i let him piggyback off my sprint 3g lol he was shocked lol
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    hopefully with an update or if sprint gets the pre plus, we will have the option of mobile hotspot. they have included it with the evo, which kind of makes me have some hope for an official tethering option, link below i bet its because its a 4g phone but i remain hopeful
    I'm pretty sure most Sprint users who frequent this forum really don't want what you are asking for here.

We can already Tether with Hotspot or MyTether and it doesn't cost us anything extra.

If Sprint made an "Official Tethering Option" that means they will officially start charging us more for it in addition to our "unlimited" data plans we already pay for.

So IMHO I would like Sprint to just leave it alone.
    Yeah please Sprint don't do this unless of course a 4G webOS comes anytime soon :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    Yeah please Sprint don't do this unless of course a 4G webOS comes anytime soon :-)
    Even then don't do it. Homebrew will figure out Tethering without Sprint dinging us for an additional $40 per month.
    I think you will see this coming out on Sprint in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have a pre on sprint and I use mobile hotspot on it daily.
    I had Hot Spot before 1.4.1.1 but it became Blocked after the update and wasn't able to re-use, If you don't mined me asking how did you do it? I currently use my tether but I liked the hot spot better I noticed that with the hot spot it didn't interrupt the connection if I received a text message and I do with the My tether. Can you help ?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Check out mytether.net they offer a free version of their product and a paid version of their product. With the paid version you can encrypt your network and choose the name. I used it to stream Red Wings games to my laptop while on the road traveling to TX. Really a great alternative to Sprints hot spot that they sell because it dosent cost anything extra per month and is unlimited bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    I had Hot Spot before 1.4.1.1 but it became Blocked after the update and wasn't able to re-use, If you don't mined me asking how did you do it? I currently use my tether but I liked the hot spot better I noticed that with the hot spot it didn't interrupt the connection if I received a text message and I do with the My tether. Can you help ?
    I probably won't be of any help, but I didn't install hot spot until after the 1.4.1.1 update and it works perfectly for me. It's definitely possible and there's a thread on here called something like "how to install mobile hotspot on a Sprint Pre", which shows a step by step process on how to do it. (which is how I got Hot Spot on my Pre)
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! leave that for EVO lovers, let them take a $40 - $45 hit every month, i like it how it is, unofficial and best of all !!! FREEE my friend, enough with my unlimited plan monthly charge. If u like how that sounds follow the link above, piece of cake!
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    We deserve mobile hotspot. We were the first people that took a chance with the pre and yet we're the ones gettin the shaft
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird013 View Post
    We deserve mobile hotspot. We were the first people that took a chance with the pre and yet we're the ones gettin the shaft
    Actually if they give you the Mobile Hotspot then you will be gettin the shaft since they will charge you an extra $40 per month for you to use what you could be doing for free right now.
  15.    #15  
    do you still have to root the pre to get it working with homebrew? Do verizon users pay more for this feature, because i was under the impression they had it at no additional charge, which would be great if sprint followed this as well. i'm all for homebrew, but sometimes i think an official way would be easier for the less savy out here.
    do you still have to root the pre to get it working with homebrew? Do verizon users pay more for this feature, because i was under the impression they had it at no additional charge, which would be great if sprint followed this as well. i'm all for homebrew, but sometimes i think an official way would be easier for the less savy out here.
    No root for homebrew and it hasnt been necessary since around august, no verison users don't pay anything additional for the 5gig tethering option but they are already paying more and sprint is really trying to hype the evo and sell those mifi type devices
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no verison users don't pay anything additional for the 5gig tethering option
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have to originally?

Also I thought the free mobile hot spot ads all said "for a limited time".
    Just started using mytether. works great. How hard is it to get to 5gigs of usage? I also get constant emails for work too. Anyone get an over the limit fee yet?

Using MyTether to write this post. No root needed!
    i have mobile hot spot on my sprint pre
    Hotspot isn't the exact same thing as tethering your phone if you're comparing it to the EVO (evo can do up to 8 devices) and if you're going to quote prices you should quote it correctly. They are charging $30 for hotspot on Evo, not $40.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast