1.    #1  
    I was running my Pre with the Super Kernel and CPU Scaler Ultimate, without event. I hooked up to my MAC to transfer some music files and I got some kind of message that my Pre had been disconnected without ejecting first (it hadn't), then I tried to hook it up again, and I kept getting the "just charge" and "USB Drive" options but no "Media Sync", which I thought was odd.

Then i noticed an entire page of apps were gone from the Pre, having moved to another page, several apps had little black circles marking them. Nothing would fix this, so I tried removing the battery and replacing it, and the Pre came back up and froze at the Palm screen.

I have tried webos dr 3 times. each time it gets to 82% hangs for a bit, then tells me the process is done. But, my phone comes up and freezes at the Palm screen.

Just to be clear, I did hold the up volume rocker while plugging in the USB cable and it did give me the USB symbol on the phone screen. While going through WebOS Dr, it did display the processor chip symbol on the Pre screen as well. But, again, it seems to finish at 82% (any other time I've used WebOS Dr I've seen it go to 100%), and the phone only comes up to, and freezes on, the Palm splash screen again. Lastly, it is the correct version of WebOS. Still no luck.

Anyone got any tricks up their sleeve?

thanks
    Last edited by pelikan3; 05/12/2010 at 01:19 AM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    it sounds like you nkow what you're doing, but I will go ahead and make a few simple suggestions.

1) how long are you waiting? perhaps the phone just wants to take a while to boot up
    2) restart your mac before running the dr
    3) try using a different PC to dr your phone.

as a side note, the media sync option only comes up if you enable it now. it's been like that since 1.4 I think
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    it sounds like you nkow what you're doing, but I will go ahead and make a few simple suggestions.

1) how long are you waiting? perhaps the phone just wants to take a while to boot up
    2) restart your mac before running the dr
    3) try using a different PC to dr your phone.

as a side note, the media sync option only comes up if you enable it now. it's been like that since 1.4 I think
    Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions...

1) All night, so far. Still nothing

2) My MAC is running OSX Tiger, so I can get files off it, but not doctor from it.

3) I used a WinXP laptop to Dr and still nothing. But, I will reboot the PC, as you suggest and see what happens.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    for some reason i get media sync option, when plugging into mac, if i open the slider after plugging it in to computer. otherwise i could wait all day for this option. maybe this will be your lucky trick
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  5.    #5  
    I am just permanently frozen at the Palm screen. I can get it to go to the usb icon, run WebOS Doc, but keeps coming back to the frozen screen. That's it.
    Same thing happened to me, I fixed it by hitting the key combo for restart, with is option+alt+R.

Hit that a few times and my phone finally reboot.

Good Luck!