Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    My wife's phone had all kinds of ticky tack issues so I ran webos doctor to try to fix them. Everything went fine with the doctoring but when we rebooted the phone and logged in to her palm profile, all of her calendar entries were missing!

Everything went just fine. I used what I thought was her palm profile login and her apps came back fine so I assume it was right but her calendar entries did not come back. What if anything can I do at this point?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I've got a growing pain in the pit of my stomach... I did a fully backup of her USB partition but I'm guessing the calendar data isn't there either. She was already unhappy with the phone because of the quirky problems she was having (both DSTs since she got the phone have screwed her up) and she's really going to be unhappy if I can't get this stuff back. ugh.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    LOL, I'm talking to myself here but just thought I'd come back to close the loop.

Turns out that the Palm profile came across just fine. Palm support restored an earlier backup and I restored again but the calendar was still blank.

Yahoo calendar was her default because she uses yahoo mail. We changed her default calendar because while using the Palm profile her calendar entries moved all over due to DST and she had to go in and modify them both times. To try to avoid that in the future we made yahoo the default.

Well, the whole reason we did the doctoring is because she was having web access issues. All I can assume is that whatever was causing those issues caused her yahoo calendar entries to live on the phone but not get sync'd back to yahoo. I didn't think to check her yahoo calendar on the website before wiping out her phone. My fault. Ugh.

I know the phone uses USB storage for some apps..... any chance there is a file out there somewhere that I can copy back to the phone to get that back? Right now she's done with the phone and is going back to a date book. Ugh.
    My google calendar syncs well. Maybe she should look into making a google calendar her default.
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/12/2010 at 01:10 AM.
    my wife was day planner gal until two weeks ago when she picked up the Pixi. If I ever had to doctor her phone and lost all calendar entries, pretty sure she would feed me the pixi and shun technology forever. So what I did was have gmail pull all her accounts together, then sync her gmail w/outlook as well as adding her calendar to my phone.
    So if her phone ever dies there's a copy on gmail, her laptop in outlook, and on my phone and gmail profile. Redundant, yes, but a happy wife is a quiet wife. Glad things worked out for you
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Now THAT is an excellent idea... I tried to get her a gmail account for just the calendar and she didn't want to be bothered (even though she has two gmail accounts that she never uses for some reason) but I hadn't even considered adding her calendar to my account. That's a great way for me to make sure it's actually working!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Exactly. I keep nothing in my palm profile (contacts, calendar - nothing). I keep it all in gmail. But the key here is my wife and I both access the same calendar and contacts. Thats the great thing with these phones.

We actually have 3 gmail accounts. Hers, mine and ours. I set her phone up to default to the correct accounts for each application but then I have everything on my phone and can monitor if entries are made in the correct account. The great thing about google is import/export and moving between accounts.

I don't know if yahoo does this so well but you just can't beat the flexibility and you don't have to rely on the palm servers. +++
    Dan