Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. sthfatal's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
       #1  
    anyone use this app? How good did it wrk in ur area? I cnt seem to get it to work good for some reason. I open the app and start to drive, it shows me a map with my location but it doesn't alert me when I'm getting near something. Help?
  2. sthfatal's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
       #2  
    anybody?
  3. #3  
    works great for me,,especially the audio alerts for cameras at redlights. One of my favorite apps.
  4. #4  
    works fine for me
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5. sthfatal's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
       #5  
    the audio doesn't seem to wrk for me
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sth fatal View Post
    the audio doesn't seem to wrk for me
    Do the drop down menu (top left), go to preferences, tap trap and make sure ALL alerts are set to play audio. Next tap alert & make sure distance is at max......I hope this helps.

    If this doesnt work, try reinstalling app
  7. KMOU's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #7  
    If you're a Verizon subscriber (like me), the probable reason for the reported Trapster difficulties is that Verizon allegedly limits the GPS functionality of 3rd party apps unless you also subscribe to VZ Navigator (at an additional $9.99/mo). There are several other threads on this forum that go into the issue in great detail and shed some light on the problem.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by KMOU View Post
    If you're a Verizon subscriber (like me), the probable reason for the reported Trapster difficulties is that Verizon allegedly limits the GPS functionality of 3rd party apps unless you also subscribe to VZ Navigator (at an additional $9.99/mo). There are several other threads on this forum that go into the issue in great detail and shed some light on the problem.
    in the same light, you can also look for the patch available that omits this limitation
  9. #9  
    Works great for me! It was amazing when I was out in Arizona b/c they have the speeding cameras on the freeways.
  10. #10  
    works good, im in maryland area
  11. mozartkc's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #11  
    It works here in Honolulu!! I love this app. I showed my friend (cop) this app and she freaked! TOO FUNNY!! LOL
  12. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Works great for me! It was amazing when I was out in Arizona b/c they have the speeding cameras on the freeways.
    We wont for much longer


    I'm on Sprint and never got the thing to work well for me. I did use it to determine where the fixed cameras are when I first downloaded it. I would think it's just about useless for an unpatched Verizon phone.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  13. BBerry.'s Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #13  
    For me it stays on the white screen that says trapster. Am i supposed to do something? I thouch the screen and nothing o.O
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
  14. Nerelda's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDbandit View Post
    works good, im in maryland area
    Another MD user here (Eastern Shore mostly), and it works great once it's able to connect to the GPS (VZW user).
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    We wont for much longer


    I'm on Sprint and never got the thing to work well for me. I did use it to determine where the fixed cameras are when I first downloaded it. I would think it's just about useless for an unpatched Verizon phone.
    I'm on VZ and actually it's one of the only 3rd party apps that does work for me
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  16. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I'm on VZ and actually it's one of the only 3rd party apps that does work for me
    Wow, good info!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I'm on VZ and actually it's one of the only 3rd party apps that does work for me
    +1


    WHEN I finally get the GPS going.... i have the aGPS patch and i'm seeing that its not really working too much, but i'm still testing on that part...i still have to try 2 or 3 times for trapster to wake the gps
  18. #18  
    My fav app, use it every day and it has saved my behind a bunch of times
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  19. #19  
    Same for me. It opens to the white screen with the car and then does nothing. Anyone else have this problem with it?
  20. #20  
    Worked for me when I had it. I don't speed so was just fun to play with for a while. It was a cool app tho.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions