1.    #1  
    In an attempt to make more room on my phone so I could transfer more data from obe computer to another, I made a stupid mistake. Somehow I got rid of the alert ringtone that was set for my text messages (The same noise you get when you plug your phone in to charge it). I can't find it on my phone but it still makes the alert noise whenever I pluug it in and I find it to be the best ring tone I have ever heard bar none. Could anyone get me an mp3 of it so I can get it back on my phone again?

P.S. I used zcorder to try and record the noise but it came out unnusable everytime.
    Palm is ferret approved.
    Why don't you just set a different alert for text messages? Seems like that would be preferable anyway...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Thanks to Tommy.Slayer for originally posting this

this is how i did it.....

If you have webOS Quick Install on your computer (which I would suggest you have if you do not), you can make an easy backup of the original sound files by entering this command line in the Linux Command Interface:

cp usr/palm/sounds/alert.wav media/internal/

and

cp usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav media/internal/

This will copy the sounds from the hidden directory into your media directory. When you go to select a new ringtone for a specific category (ringtone, notification, alert, etc) just select the new ringtone button (small musical note icon on the bottom left) and those files should now be in there.
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  4.    #4  
    I had quick installer on my last computer but it fried (that's the reason I was using my phone for transferring music) but this computer has windows 7 starter, which breaks if I download just about anything. Even when something says it's windows 7 compatible it often makes it hang up when I shut it down so I have to remove the software.

EDIT: Works great, thanks!
    Last edited by mluther; 05/11/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Palm is ferret approved.