1.    #1  
    Just to vent.
    So only 1month away from 1 yr anniversary of my release day pre, the usb door breaks loose. mine u it still sticks but doesnt dangle if i were to use usb slot anymore. Im rather ****ed because i think i havnt even opened it more than 30 times since I got it. Mainly used touchstone and only use it to doctor or transfer some music over.

That is all. Love my Pre and waiting for another palm upgrade.
    Condolences
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I've gone through several Pres since July but that's one thing that hasn't been an issue for me: the door.

When I made my original purchase the Sprint rep commented that they were taught to open the slider prior to opening the USB cover. This gives easy access to it w/o having to pry/force so much.

Although I have had a cracked case (no fall or rough treatment) and even my current replacement has yellowing on the screen next to the USB door (out of the box this way), not to mention the other issues I've had, my USB doors have been fine.

I am also very careful about closing them as soon as I unplug.

If I knew the next gen WebOS device would use the same extended battery cover I'd swing for the touchstone and adapt the cover to work to minimize my use of the door.

Fingers crossed the replacement will be announced soon!

I rambled, but sorry for your loss.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My USB door is still attached. But I have noticed that there is a slight crack that started at the corner of the USB connection, and has starting running up towards the screen. Has anyone else experienced this? I am very careful with my phone, and I am concerned this will continue to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujaflow View Post
    My USB door is still attached. But I have noticed that there is a slight crack that started at the corner of the USB connection, and has starting running up towards the screen. Has anyone else experienced this? I am very careful with my phone, and I am concerned this will continue to grow.
    Welcome to the club Your F'd, it will spread to the screen it's only a matter of time. Some things you can do to try and prevent it are - using a soldering iron to burn down to the crack in hopes of it spreading - or using a very fine drill bit to drill a hole at the end of the crack in hopes of stopping the spread..

Or from what I've heard in USA you can return to sprint for another new one if you have that protection thing
    it's a known problem like the crack from the button. Just tell them nicely you know it's a known issue and should be repaired under warranty.
    it's a known problem like the crack from the button. Just tell them nicely you know it's a known issue and should be repaired or replaced under warranty. Keep trying until you find someone who will listen
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I have the full protection. Guess I'll take it in.