Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Who's buying the Pre Plus on AT&T and what phone are you currently using?

Me - Yes, plan on getting one on Sunday

Using - Blackberry 9700. Before that I used an unlocked HTC Hero for about 6 months.
    Me-yes on sunday, getting the last touchstone at my local shack in the morning

Using-Google Nexus 1, before that I had an imported Motorola Milestone, and an LG eXpo before that.
    Yes, next time I'm in the States.

Bell Palm Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was if it was like 50$... But since I don't want to be stuck in a 2 year contract at the end of the 2 year contract holding 3 year old hardware, I'll hold out for some ***** selling one on craigslist for 150.

Using, Iphone 1st Gen
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Yes, want the increased memory and storage over the Unlocked Pre I'm presently using. Also want the Navigator App built in although I'm sure it could be hacked on to the Pre.

The folks at my local AT&T Retail stores have been amazed at the performance my 800MHz Pre exhibits compared to their live demo Pre Plus's. I can't wait to show them how well the Pre + running at 800 MHz performs over the beloved iPhone's each of them have tucked in their pockets.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/11/2010 at 12:47 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I will definately be purchasing this as soon as it launches

I currently have a Storm 2 unlocked on At&t but not having 3G has been hurting me for the past months

I have one question though:

Will the $150 price be the price you pay at the register after 2 yeaer agreement, OR will it actually be $250 in store and you get $100 worth of accessories or mail-in-rebate like At&t retail stores usually likes to do? That's where I am debating I should order it online or not, because online purchases usually do not use the rebate method....
    Me. I almost have to, since I've written a couple of apps for it and I only have a Pre with a bad ESN I bought of ebay to test with
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I had such a bad experience with AT&T with my iPhones there's no way I'll go back to them. I literally couldn't talk for more than 10 minutes without a dropped call. Even when I switched to a crappy flip phone because I thought maybe the iPhone was to blame, I still had the issues. However, I realize that in different areas of the country AT&T probably does a lot better, so good luck to whoever goes for it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'm definitely buying it this Sunday--can't wait.

Have been using iPhone 3g for almost 2-years now...
    I want to buy the Pixi+ on at&t.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I I literally couldn't talk for more than 10 minutes without a dropped call.
    where are you located, b/c here in Miami-Dade (South Florida) I have not experienced dropped calls other then like with any other carrier when you go into a thick brick wall. my iPhone performs at its best on at&t network. many other networks have issues too, not just at&t.
    Yes, maybe this sunday, I haven't convinced myself well enough that I can afford the 250 upfront, but if not eventually when the price drops. Also coming from a launch day iPhone 3g.

P.S. In Tampa, FL and also get great at&t service.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I'm getting it on launch day. Sunday afternoon can't come fast enough.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    My first post here. I am definitely waiting for it. I have been with Voicestream/T-Mobile for almost 10 years now. That started when I got the Visorphone back in the day. I currently use an unlocked Treo 680 and its been good mostly. I will definitely get the Pre Plus and switch to AT&T even though I have heard complaints about AT&T.

-Raghu
    Palm IIIe, Visor Deluxe, Visorphone, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680
    I really want it, but I'm not shelling $250 out of pocket for it. (I don't like "rebate cards")...Upgrade day is the 18th, so hopefully I'll see it online cheaper then, or at least $150 without having to deal with rebate...

Switching from HTC Touch Diamond. (WinMo 6.5)
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    where are you located, b/c here in Miami-Dade (South Florida) I have not experienced dropped calls other then like with any other carrier when you go into a thick brick wall. my iPhone performs at its best on at&t network. many other networks have issues too, not just at&t.
    Yeah I understand other networks have issues. Like I said, different carriers perform better in different areas. I'm in Southern California (Orange County), and I used to live in Northern California (San Francisco Area), and in both areas I had tons of network issues. Not just dropped calls, but missing and delayed text messages as well. The thing that finally made me ditch them was that people were leaving me voicemails and I never got them. Some of them were pretty important too. If it works great where you live then that's awesome, but my experience has been awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by raguru View Post
    My first post here. I am definitely waiting for it. I have been with Voicestream/T-Mobile for almost 10 years now. That started when I got the Visorphone back in the day. I currently use an unlocked Treo 680 and its been good mostly. I will definitely get the Pre Plus and switch to AT&T even though I have heard complaints about AT&T.

-Raghu
    Palm IIIe, Visor Deluxe, Visorphone, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680
    You will love the 3G data speed!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I think I will, night right when it's out, but sometime in early June. I'm still thinking if I should just get the iPhone 4th-gen, but I decided against it. If there really is a 5-year iPhone exclusivity deal, the iPhone will be at AT&T until my next upgrade in 2012.

Anyway, I'll be using my current available upgrade to get the Pre+

I'm on a family plan w/my sister and Dad, so I'm hoping there is some kind of upgrade price discount.

I've been using an LG Shine since Dec 2007. I am desperate for an upgrade!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I want to get a Pre Plus from AT&T, but:
    1 - the price is too high for what it is when I know what is available now (or around the corner - iPhone 4 excluded because the iPhone is not an option)
    2 - WebOS seems to be awesome, but its not mature enough (for me) to jump on quite yet. I'm waiting to see these new APIs, document editing, and the third party app situation improve
    3 - not too crazy about the hardware or the formfactor (or lack of an on screen keyboard)

I'd be able to almost overlook 2 (& 3 somewhat) if the price wasn't so high.

I''m going to go Android this time around and revisit this in a year and see where WebOS is. If you get the PP Sunday, let us know how it is! ...or if nothing good (Samsung Galaxy S or some relative of the Google Nexus One/Incredible/Desire) comes to AT&T, I'll pick up the Pre Plus on a one year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    I''m going to go Android this time around and revisit this in a year and see where WebOS is.
    I have the Nexus One, it's not all it's cracked up to be, about the only really good thing is the battery life. The same, I'd imagine, for the Galaxy S as it is nearly the same phone spec-wise. For the money you'd save over the N1 you can get an extended battery for the Pre+.

Android is a bit quirky in my opinion, nearly all the apps are crap and they put more focus on app related updates than usability updates. Had to wait forever for pinch to zoom and even the fastest phones like the N1 get laggy. I only ever used one or two apps regularly. IMHO webOS seems to be much more intuitive and usable. No phone is perfect, but I can tell you I missed the hard keys when using the N1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast