Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    Who's buying the Pre Plus on AT&T and what phone are you currently using?

Me - Yes, plan on getting one on Sunday

Using - Blackberry 9700. Before that I used an unlocked HTC Hero for about 6 months.
    Another BB switchin over ay?
    Ill be buying a pre+ opening day.
    Im coming from a long line of blackberry's to a quick switch to an iphone 3G.
    Ill be getting one sunday!

Im tired of my iphone!
    Definitely getting one Sunday.

I'm a long-time Palm user - started with a IIIx, now using a TX. Yeah, I know they're not phones, but I think I can handle it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Some interesting stuff. Thanks for your replies. I find it interesting to see what other AT&T users are using currently before making a switch.

@Treiz - I used the G1. I bought it on Craigslist (let the jokes begin) and then got the HTC Hero due to the Sense UI mainly. I loved the keyboard of the G1 but hated the weight/bulk of the phone. The customization of the Sense UI I really liked too. Like you said though, there is something odd about Android that you don't pick up on initially. After a while I always seemed to have to "think" too much to use it. It just wasn't as natural and intuitive as it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    @Treiz - I used the G1. ... I loved the keyboard of the G1 but hated the weight/bulk of the phone. The customization of the Sense UI I really liked too. Like you said though, there is something odd about Android that you don't pick up on initially. After a while I always seemed to have to "think" too much to use it. It just wasn't as natural and intuitive as it should be.
    Yeah, I had the G1 as well, LOVED it, LOVED the chin. Only problem is that it wasn't powerful and didn't have 3.5mm headset, also Tmobile in my area sucks.
    Last edited by Treiz; 05/11/2010 at 11:51 PM.
    Strange that so many people are switching from iphones lol. I hope they arent expecting the same app experience.... either way im still excited for the phone. I dont use many apps, most i use are available through all major smartphone app marketplaces. im just looking for an OS to take me away, ive tried all previous OS's and i must say im not satisfied, hopefully webOS will do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Yes, want the increased memory and storage over the Unlocked Pre I'm presently using. Also want the Navigator App built in although I'm sure it could be hacked on to the Pre.

The folks at my local AT&T Retail stores have been amazed at the performance my 800MHz Pre exhibits compared to their live demo Pre Plus's. I can't wait to show them how well the Pre + running at 800 MHz performs over the beloved iPhone's each of them have tucked in their pockets.
    so for the 800mhz update, you need preware installed..and to install preware you need webos doctor? which according to the wiki, you need to have your carrier version? (AT&T version of webosdoctor) will they come out with that on launch day?

the original question:
    Yes, i'm getting the pre+ on launch day
    currently using 9700
    Yep, going to upgrade "She Who Must be Obeyed" phone - she currently has a Pantech POS. If she doesn't like it, I'll be glad to take it off her hands. I've been a long time Palm guy, but left after the first Treo gave me major heartburn... Can't wait to play with a WebOS device. Oh, and did I say I HATE WinCE?
    What does not kill me, makes me stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche
    That which does not kill me, has made a grave tactical error. - Jerry Pournelle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12