1.    #1  
    how can i connect my pre to the computer using the touchstone. thanks
    unplug the usb cable. Put one end into the phone, the other end in the PC. Set the TouchStone in a drawer. It is for charging, and has nothing to do with connecting to a PC or transferring data.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    ...You unplug the usb cable from the touchstone and plug one end in the phone and the other in the computer and start USB mode...
  4.    #4  
    oh i was told you can transfer files using the touchstone
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    Nope, the touchstone is just a wireless charging device. If you want to synch music files, there is a wireless music sync app in the catalog, but I think it's $10

If you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    unplug the usb cable. Put one end into the phone, the other end in the PC. Set the TouchStone in a drawer. It is for charging, and has nothing to do with connecting to a PC or transferring data.
    exactly!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    And who told you you could do that?!?!?

Perhaps a .....???

Na... I won't go there.
    need concept (touchstone sync); although I think that using sync app is probably more effective.
    There is now way to transfer data thought the TouchStone charger. Not even an app can do it.

It would take a complete redesin of not only the TS but the phones inner workings as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    need concept (touchstone sync); although I think that using sync app is probably more effective.
    Synch is already wireless. You are either syncing to the cloud (google, yahoo, palm profile, etc) or you get an app like Pocket Mirror (which is what I use) that syncs over wifi or bluetooth.

Touchstone is a big magnet for charging. there is no need for data to be passed through the back of the phone when it has wireless radios for 3G, wifi, and bluetooth.
    With PM, you buy the desktop version and download the phone app from the app catalog? Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    With PM, you buy the desktop version and download the phone app from the app catalog? Is that correct?
    Yes. this provides basically the same functionality that you had with the Treo. I sync with Outlook.

The Palm AppCatalog also has an app to sync media files, but it's $10 so I haven't bothered with it...

Pocket Mirror has a 7-day free trial so you can try it before spending any money.
    Great. I appreciate it.