1.    #1  
    I was reading this thread about how AT&T forces you to add a data plan for any smart phone used on their network. But I am planning on buying Pre from craigslist or ebay and then use it with their $60 unlimited talk/text prepaid plan. I am in wifi coverage for most of my day, so I dont need any data plan from them anyway. Does anyone know from experience what is AT&T's policy for smartphone used by prepaid plan users???
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    I was reading this thread about how AT&T forces you to add a data plan for any smart phone used on their network. But I am planning on buying Pre from craigslist or ebay and then use it with their $60 unlimited talk/text prepaid plan. I am in wifi coverage for most of my day, so I dont need any data plan from them anyway. Does anyone know from experience what is AT&T's policy for smartphone used by prepaid plan users???
    I have a Centro I use with an AT&T prepaid data plan. I put $100 worth of credit on the account, use it as I need it which is sparingly and add the $4.99 test and the $4.99 data packages as i need them, , all sparingly and still have over half my $100 credit available for use.

Not sure if I'm lucky or if they just don't pay attn to the pre paid accts as closely. My thought is if you can get a Pre and activate it using a postpaid account, you should be able to use it with a prepaid SIM after that. Consider that the Pre does require data services for several things, including backups, you might have some issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    backups can be performed via wifi
    My wife uses her iPhone on that plan, so I don't know why you couldn't use on the pre. Just remember it's prepaid and that they can remove the plan whenever since there is no contract.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    You can use a smartphone on pre-paid so far. But I think you should also get the $20 100MB prepaid data just in case, if you're going to get your email on a regular basis. Unless you're certain you'll only be in wifi accessible areas all day, but even then AT&T smartphones tend to try to sync via data I've noticed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Even after going into the Phone app and turning off Data access there?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Even after going into the Phone app and turning off Data access there?
    Exactly.. even after data access is blocked thru settings????
    It's prepaid, so even if you use data it's not like your gonna rack up a huge bill, you'll just end up using however much you have on your account.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.