1.    #1  
    So I've been having hardware issues with my Pre that I've had since the end of June 09, wandered into a Sprint store the other day and was pleasantly surprised by how quick they were to just say, "no problem, we'll order you a replacement right away". I was so shocked and I had to ask her a few times to make sure they weren't going to charge me anything.

So either tomorrow or wednesday I'm supposed to be getting my shiny new (or refurbished) Pre and I've been really out of the loop on the whole backing up thing since way back when (since webos backs up most things automatically). I know I have to backup music, video, pictures, etc, but I'm not sure if there's been any major changes in other stuff. I have preware with homebrew apps and patches, and speed dial settings (which I know at one point weren't being backed up automatically). It would also be nice to backup texts, and memos (if they're not already). The only info I've seen on the forums is very old and outdated, so I'd really like some help with this without a lot of "why didn't you search" comments, because I assure you I did.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    So I've been having hardware issues with my Pre that I've had since the end of June 09, wandered into a Sprint store the other day and was pleasantly surprised by how quick they were to just say, "no problem, we'll order you a replacement right away". I was so shocked and I had to ask her a few times to make sure they weren't going to charge me anything.

So either tomorrow or wednesday I'm supposed to be getting my shiny new (or refurbished) Pre and I've been really out of the loop on the whole backing up thing since way back when (since webos backs up most things automatically). I know I have to backup music, video, pictures, etc, but I'm not sure if there's been any major changes in other stuff. I have preware with homebrew apps and patches, and speed dial settings (which I know at one point weren't being backed up automatically). It would also be nice to backup texts, and memos (if they're not already). The only info I've seen on the forums is very old and outdated, so I'd really like some help with this without a lot of "why didn't you search" comments, because I assure you I did.

Thanks!
    Check out this thread... I've backed my stuff up using but haven't tried to restore it yet as I'm going to try to get a replacement this weekend...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Check out this thread... I've backed my stuff up using but haven't tried to restore it yet as I'm going to try to get a replacement this weekend...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    nice thanks!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I thought I remember reading about that awhile ago, but I couldn't remember where. Good luck on your restoration. I'll let you know how mine goes this week!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    nice thanks!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I thought I remember reading about that awhile ago, but I couldn't remember where. Good luck on your restoration. I'll let you know how mine goes this week!
    Thanks