View Poll Results: Which app would you get more use out of?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint TV

    8 28.57%
  • George Costanza's iToilet app

    20 71.43%
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    On the last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld produced a Seinfeld reunion. In the script they wrote, George Costanza had gotten rich due to an iPhone application he came up with. It would tell you the closest public bathrooms to you based on your GPS position as well as rate them. He called it the iToilet app.

    Once a year I play around for about an hour in the Sprint TV app before determining it is not worth using and then forgetting about it for another year. I was just wondering how other people felt about Sprint TV and whether they would get more use out of George's iToilet app were there such a thing. I'm voting for the iToilet.

    "I'M LOSING IT!!!"
    - George Costanza
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  2. #2  
    Has anyone actually gotten rich off of the proceeds from an app they wrote (for any platform)?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten rich off of the proceeds from an app they wrote (for any platform)?
    There are a few interesting stories about that. My two favorite are about Steve Demeter and Armin Heinrich.

    Demeter wrote a game app that made him $250,000. He invested it in technology stock, and really struck it rich. The irony is that what made him even more money than the iPhone app was that he used much of the earnings investing "in Apple's archrival Palm. 'I bought Palm's stock for $1.76 and sold it for $12,'."

    Heinrich wrote a screen save app for the iPhone. All it does is display a red gem that proclaims the owner of the phone is rich. He didn't get rich off it himself, since Apple pulled the app before he could make his 1/4 million. He did sell 8 copies though.

    The app sold for $1000.
  4. #4  
    All I know is when a person says they have to pee, that means they have to pee. It would be great to have a itoilet app since it would allow for fast satisfaction. You can almost always find a TV if you really have to. Now a **** app would be special.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5. #5  
    The toilet app. But, can we call it PrePotty instead?
  6. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #6  
    I for one am just glad poor George finally made it.
  7.    #7  
    But then poor George lost it all having invested with Bernie Madhoff while his ex-wife pulled her half of the money out in time. Then he had to pathetically try to get back with his wife and marry her for his own money. Some guys were just born to lose.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. #8  
    Hmm... I'm not sure exactly why George would need to write this particular application. There was an episode where he challenged Jerry to name any intersection and he could tell him the location of the best bathroom from memory. I guess he started traveling more? Just think...if he didn't accidentally poison Susan, he would have made millions just off of her doll collection (except the one that looked like his mom) and wouldn't have had to resort to iPhone apps.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hmm... I'm not sure exactly why George would need to write this particular application. There was an episode where he challenged Jerry to name any intersection and he could tell him the location of the best bathroom from memory. I guess he started traveling more? Just think...if he didn't accidentally poison Susan, he would have made millions just off of her doll collection (except the one that looked like his mom) and wouldn't have had to resort to iPhone apps.
    Well, wouldn't the app be CREATED by the guy who has the info and SOLD to the folks that NEED it?


    I would think that the creators do not make them for their need. They make them because they have info or a service OTHERs need. No?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    But then poor George lost it all having invested with Bernie Madhoff while his ex-wife pulled her half of the money out in time. Then he had to pathetically try to get back with his wife and marry her for his own money. Some guys were just born to lose.
    It kind of reminds me how Palm's stock jumped up so high after the Pre was announced / released and then it just all came crashing back down. So maybe the PrePotty would've been a good name for his app as rlee2001 suggested.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.

Posting Permissions