1.    #1  
    Ok, I installed this patch about a wk ago and I'm still trying to figure out a happy medium between extra boost in speed and battery conservation.

I like the power of screenstate (500-800), but that seems to suck juice. Conservative is ok, but it seems to be a bit more unstable (constant scaling?).

Today was the worse. My phone has been literally sitting on my desk all day (a handful of texts) and has gone from 100% this morning to 20% (so from 8am to 2pm) Screenstate (500-725).

I'm going to test out 500-600 in screenstate and see what happens.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I am scaling from 125 to 720 Mhz and getting around 14 to 16 hours of use I checked this morning took it off charge at 7:30am got of work at 2:30pm was at 50% made a few calls surfed the web made a few texts and listened to pandora for about 20 minutes
    There's already a thread for this topic, just do a search.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    To help the OP, I tried Screen State, love the idea. It does drain as a stock Pre would. I've found that the default settings for "ondemand" seem to cause the least drain and still be responsive for me. With a Touch Stone in my car I had a crash/overheat. Was driving so couldn't know for sure, but had to pull the battery. I have the latest Mode Switcher installed to launch Govnah so that I can select Palm Default settings on TS.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys! I'll give that a try.

@vza33 - I kind of figured...just got lazy
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I am also using the ondemand
    now using screenstate 500-600.. Seems like the settings palm was really going for. Don't think this setting will drained the batt too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll give that a try.

@vza33 - I kind of figured...just got lazy
    Ok, don't cry, here's the link: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...berkernel.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    To help the OP, I tried Screen State, love the idea. It does drain as a stock Pre would. I've found that the default settings for "ondemand" seem to cause the least drain and still be responsive for me. With a Touch Stone in my car I had a crash/overheat. Was driving so couldn't know for sure, but had to pull the battery. I have the latest Mode Switcher installed to launch Govnah so that I can select Palm Default settings on TS.
    Use screenstate, it works well with TS..
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Use screenstate, it works well with TS..
    Thanks, that did cross my mind soon as I posted.