1.    #1  
    How many of the people reporting problems/exchanged devices, etc are using the Pre on Sprint vs the Pre Plus on Verizon?

I just got a Pre Plus about a week ago and am loving it! I've been a big Apple guy in the past, but WebOS is just fantastic!

I do have some concerns about the durability of the slider mechanism, mostly because of all the bad stories I've read, but so far the phone feels pretty solidly built (about as solid as anything with moving parts can feel) and I haven't really had software/performance problems as of yet.

Any other Pre Plus owners out there without major problems or am I the only one?
    Nope, you're the only one. Here's a cookie, go outside and play now.
    Kinda, I'm on my 5th Pre Plus and I finally got one with a solid slider, keyboard, and screen. Palm really needs to do something about the hardware reliabality...
    My uk gsm pre is holding up great, don't think he ever wants to give up.
    Had mine since Verizon Launch Day. No Problems. I don't mess with patches either.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Kinda, I'm on my 5th Pre Plus and I finally got one with a solid slider, keyboard, and screen. Palm really needs to do something about the hardware reliabality...
    I've had a couple of replacements, but I think it's great that they send me a brand new (refurb) phone every few months. As long as they don't charge me, I don't see the downside...

my replacements weren't caused by slider/oreo problems, btw. The Pre+ build quality has been great for me. One was a bad usb port, and the other was the repeating/skipping keyboard (and I didn't think it was a hardware issue, but they replaced it anyway. It now seems clear that it was a problem in the 1.4.0 code and fixed in 1.4.1.1, but I didn't argue getting another phone any time they want to send one...)

...just sayin'
    How has your luck been with the refurbs? I'm outside of my initial 30 days and will probably have to end getting another replacement.
    My Sprint Pre is almost a year old now and the slider is still tight, really dependable phone for me.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    got mine about 30 days and am having a ball with this phone.
    refurbs always look and work brand new. Refurb isn't the same as "used". If they aren't refurbed to perfect, they can't use them...