1.    #1  
    Right after I updated to 1.4 a few months back, along with some other people in the 1.4 release thread, my Pre started experiencing a "live" lock screen until about 3 reboots. Well, my phone just began doing this again, and I didn't even do a reboot when it started happening.

Anyone else experiencing this recently?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, view the video I just took and uploaded.

When I turn on the phone it displays whatever was previously on the screen with just the lock slider where it normally is. I call the lock screen "live" because the screen is active when on the lock screen (ex: when I open up Preware, the lock screen will show the feeds being updated even while the phone is locked with the padlock visible).

On the touchstone, the screen is only dimmed with the padlock showing.

UPDATE: Went away after a single reboot.
    Last edited by DesertSilver; 05/10/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Right after I updated to 1.4 a few months back, along with some other people in the 1.4 release thread, my Pre started experiencing a "live" lock screen until about 3 reboots. Well, my phone just began doing this again, and I didn't even do a reboot when it started happening.

Anyone else experiencing this recently?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, view the video I just took and uploaded.

When I turn on the phone it displays whatever was previously on the screen with just the lock slider where it normally is. I call the lock screen "live" because the screen is active when on the lock screen (ex: when I open up Preware, the lock screen will show the feeds being updated even while the phone is locked with the padlock visible).

On the touchstone, the screen is only dimmed with the padlock showing.
    happened to me only once a couple days ago
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Mine was doing it over the weekend, a reset solved the problem.
    I had a few times with 1.4 but have not seen it for a long time. Should disappear pretty soon hopfuly though.
    Your running quite a stock pre there, have not seen 3x3 with only 3 pages for a long time, wow.
    I believe the general consensus back on the 1.4 update was a quick reboot would resolve this issue. It is not something that is supposed to happen, definitely a bug...
    That's a new one on me. Not had that happen before. You didn't mention what carrier you were on. Perhaps this carrier specific?
    It has happened to me everytime i install a patch without rebooting. I noticed that it only does it after a patch install. After the reboot i will never see it again until I install a patch
    Happened to me quite a few times before 1.4.1.1 but now it's gone although I prefer it to the regular
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I had a few times with 1.4 but have not seen it for a long time. Should disappear pretty soon hopfuly though.
    Your running quite a stock pre there, have not seen 3x3 with only 3 pages for a long time, wow.
    It's stock other than Preware, a few patches, some homebrew apps and... a little 800MHz action.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    That's a new one on me. Not had that happen before. You didn't mention what carrier you were on. Perhaps this carrier specific?
    Mine is a Sprint Pre. Like previously stated, a few others had it happen right after the 1.4 update, and others replying that it's happened recently. Definitely strange that it happened to me out of nowhere without a reboot.

I wouldn't mind if it was a setting to switch between the normal and live lock screen. The live version would definitely not be wanted from a privacy perspective though since it displays whatever while on the Touchstone.
    Do you use Preware? I had this a few times coupled with reboots hours after using Preware. Now I always reboot after Preware and no lock screen bug or reboots anymore.
    happened to me too. Haven't seen it since 1.4.1
    Luna Restart fixes it. Only happens after installing homebrew.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The reason seems to be developer mode - turn it off and you should not see it again.
    Mine has done that occasionally, rebooting the phone fixes it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    The reason seems to be developer mode - turn it off and you should not see it again.

Not true mine did this before right after the update and now I've seen it again twice in the past few days a re-boot always fixes it but I've only had developer mode turned on once the whole time I have had my Pre and it is now and has been off for some time now since way before the last update or several updates ago since I even used developers mode so this does not appear to have anything to do with developers mode.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    mine started this today as well, kind of annoying
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    so this does not appear to have anything to do with developers mode.
    just because that's your case, doesn't make your statement true.

Mine has NEVER EVER done it EXCEPT in developer mode. When I'm in developer mode it almost ALWAYS does it.

So, yes, it does have SOMETHING to do with developer mode. It may not cause 100% of the occurences, but it has something to do with it. Please don't blatantly dismiss things.

I'd fully recommend that anyone having this problem try disabling developer mode first. I feel it would solve more than 50% of the problems.

I would also recommend a reboot after any use of preware.