1.    #1  
    So here in Phoenix there are QT Gas station's everywhere. An App that would location a QT gas station from my location and connect with Sprint navigation for directions once you select a location would be Awesome. Or maybe to make it more useful a simple Gas Station locator with the ability to select a preference such as (QT, Circle K, Chevron, etc...).

Special Thanks out there to all the people creating app's and patches I wish I had the resources and knowledge that you all have. Keep up the great work!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but the WHERE app can locate you, then locate gas stations near you and list them with name and price. Once I select a gas station, it opens up my google maps, which then allows me to get directions to it.
  3.    #3  
    I can definitely take a look at it, but I am just looking for something that works very quickly and simple I was thinking an app that does nothing more that locate gas stations and have the ability to default to a specific one would be handy when you are driving.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    "Where" does this perfect. You can also switch your settings on your phone to have Sprint Nav always be the default address handler instead of Google Maps (for all apps).
  5.    #5  
    Sounds good. I am downloading it right now to try it out.

Thank you

Isn't that what Yelp does?
    Maybe I'm missing the point, but can't you just use the "Search" function in Sprint Nav? It seems like it would do exactly what this "app" would. Just trying to clarify.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Maybe I'm missing the point, but can't you just use the "Search" function in Sprint Nav? It seems like it would do exactly what this "app" would. Just trying to clarify.
    Yes you can do this inside Sprint Navigation however because Sprint Navigation offers so much more it is rather time consuming to start up and also several steps before you get to that part of the app.

My suggestion was an app that does noting more than locate gas stations. Basically you open the app and it automatically finds your location and list all gas stations in the area or can locate a certain gas station close to you that you have defaulted the app to find.

This cuts back on having to type in a name or make selections while you are driving you simply open the app and it goes.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wemetzger View Post
    "Where" does this perfect. You can also switch your settings on your phone to have Sprint Nav always be the default address handler instead of Google Maps (for all apps).
    This does seem to be a solid app and can definatly be helpful, I did not know it existed, Unfortunately this app seems to have to run through Google Maps even if you have your phone defaulted to Sprint Navigation as once you select the gas station you want to map it you have to select the tap for the map on the bottom right hand corner which is a link to Google maps, not your phone Navigation system.

Maybe it is just me, but I really do not link Google maps it is not as simple and does not have turn by turn voice Navigation like Sprint Navigation does.

yo fellow phoenican
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  11.    #11  
    Yo, Yo how goes it?

But... Does it locate public restrooms and rate them according to cleanliness?
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    This does seem to be a solid app and can definatly be helpful, I did not know it existed, Unfortunately this app seems to have to run through Google Maps even if you have your phone defaulted to Sprint Navigation as once you select the gas station you want to map it you have to select the tap for the map on the bottom right hand corner which is a link to Google maps, not your phone Navigation system.

Maybe it is just me, but I really do not link Google maps it is not as simple and does not have turn by turn voice Navigation like Sprint Navigation does.
    Once you have the address of your favorite one, add it to Sprint Nav and save it as a favorite (work-around for now) but yeah I'd rather it would default to Sprint Nav instead of Google maps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Once you have the address of your favorite one, add it to Sprint Nav and save it as a favorite (work-around for now) but yeah I'd rather it would default to Sprint Nav instead of Google maps.
    Unfortunately that does not really work for a Gas Station. If i new where it was I would not have to map it. For the Outside Sales people of the world that work out of there car many times you just want the closest stop but when you are driving simplicity is required and Sprint Nav can be a bit cumbersome.

Thank you for the suggestion.

15. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I have that 'feature' now . . . . I just search in google maps . . . . . I'm just sayin'~
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    I have that 'feature' now . . . . I just search in google maps . . . . . I'm just sayin'~
    You do not get it and that is ok. When I am driving in Phoenix Rush hour traffic where it is illegal to be on your phone and drive I do not want to have to go through 10 steps to get there.

I am just sayin!

Have you tried YPmobile? Start the app, tap in the Find field, tap gas station and it gives you all the gas stations in a 10 mile radius. Only problem is, it doesn't do voice turn by turn directions and its a bit of a pain moving the address into SprintNav. But it is faster than Google Maps and less steps to find gas stations than SprintNav.