Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Every now and then I still have trouble opening the pre. As mentioned in other post the curvy nature of the pre can cause opening of the pre to be difficult. When charging the pre on the touchstone the phone runs hot which causes my plastic screen protector to slide off when opening the phone. Now my solution to both issues is to hold the top spearker button at the top of the phone and pull. Try it. It works.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Open the back cover?

I didn't know this at first, but there's a button on the bottom of the Pre. Press that, and the back door will seem to fall apart. That's how you open it.
    I think he means sliding it open to access the keyboard. Previously, he'd use his thumb on the screen (or something similar) which would cause his screen protector to slide due to the heat from charging it on the touchstone.
    Yep, been doing that since my first day with my Pre. I'm just worried that someday I am going to pull that little silver speaker cover right off. In fact, I have already worn off all the silver paint on the bottom portion of the speaker cover.
    How can you pull the phone open from the top speaker button? The speaker buttons are on the lower slider piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Every now and then I still have trouble opening the pre. As mentioned in other post the curvy nature of the pre can cause opening of the pre to be difficult. When charging the pre on the touchstone the phone runs hot which causes my plastic screen protector to slide off when opening the phone. Now my solution to both issues is to hold the top spearker button at the top of the phone and pull. Try it. It works.
    FYI, you should try a protector like a ZAGG or similar. I use a ZAGG but there are other brands that use the same material. Like the old "colorforms decals we used as kids, only they stick even better...

They aren't going to come off no matter what. And any bubbles will magically disappear within about 1 week. That way your screen is protected no matter how you open your phone, or if you keep it in your pocket, etc.
    I would not open my Pre this way. I've saw photos of that little speaker cover broken in half...

And yes, my speaker cover is now pearl white. In my first month of use, my fingernail hits that little piece every time I swipe off a card. One day half of the paint chipped off, making it look silver on the right half, white on the left half. So I just chipped off all the remaining paint to make it at least look natural
    I can't get enough friction @ the phone speaker to move the slider at all. Might be because I have a case on the phone, but I don't see it happening either way.

I'd definately get a Zagg screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I can't get enough friction @ the phone speaker to move the slider at all. Might be because I have a case on the phone, but I don't see it happening either way.

I'd definately get a Zagg screen protector.
    You should check Radio Shack to see if they still have any ZAGGs left for the Pre. They would be half price, and quite a bargain because of their close out sale. I picked up multiple Touch Stones and Car Chargers that way... I didn't notice if they had ZAGGS hanging up, but I noticed they were carrying them when I was at the shack a few weeks earlier for something else (I always look for Palm Pre displays when I go in to a store... it's an addiction)
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    And yes, my speaker cover is now pearl white. In my first month of use, my fingernail hits that little piece every time I swipe off a card. One day half of the paint chipped off, making it look silver on the right half, white on the left half. So I just chipped off all the remaining paint to make it at least look natural
    Would a Sharpie help?
    I find it easy 1 handed by just resting the phone in my hand and pushing with my thumb just below the button on the gesture area (using the curve of the phone as grip).
    Sounds Dodgy!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Would a Sharpie help?
    What's one of those??
    this is a bad idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Would a Sharpie help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    What's one of those??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    What's one of those??
    Permanent black marker. Works on black leather shoes for small scuffs, too!
    Not only black. Sharpie markers now come in a rainbow of colors.

Of course, the black Sharpie is best suited to hiding the scuff marks on the Pre's back, though it would still look horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Not only black. Sharpie markers now come in a rainbow of colors.

Of course, the black Sharpie is best suited to hiding the scuff marks on the Pre's back, though it would still look horrible.
    We were referring to the volume buttons on the side. Definitely not on the back...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    How can you pull the phone open from the top speaker button? The speaker buttons are on the lower slider piece.
    Argh. I, too, didn't get it at first - but now it clicked. He's talking about the little silver tab covering the earpiece speaker. If you hold your Pre in your hand like you normally would, you can pull on that with a fingernail, and voila!

Nothing I would consider doing very often, but novel for sure. Different strokes...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Argh. I, too, didn't get it at first - but now it clicked. He's talking about the little silver tab covering the earpiece speaker. If you hold your Pre in your hand like you normally would, you can pull on that with a fingernail, and voila!

Nothing I would consider doing very often, but novel for sure. Different strokes...
    Might help if I didn't bight my nails
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast