Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Every now and then I still have trouble opening the pre. As mentioned in other post the curvy nature of the pre can cause opening of the pre to be difficult. When charging the pre on the touchstone the phone runs hot which causes my plastic screen protector to slide off when opening the phone. Now my solution to both issues is to hold the top spearker button at the top of the phone and pull. Try it. It works.
    Definitely not a good idea. My friend broke that piece right off his Pre opening it that way. Get a good screen protector and use two thumbs.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I've been opening my Pre+ this way (fingernail pulling on the speaker cover piece) since day one. Easiest way to get it open and not feel like you are putting pressure on the screen.

For those who have had, or seen, this item damaged, I would tend to say "don't pull so hard". I also will open by placing my thumb at the very bottom of the top half, below the gesture area on the bottom side of the phone, and push it up with that thumb. Not as easy, but also doesn't require putting pressure on the screen.
    I just open my Pre with one hand.

1)Rest your Pre on your Fingers.

2) Slide it open with the the thumb on that same hand by pressing on the screen.

3) Type with one thumb like a badass

4) Do other important **** with your other hand.

The easiest (and most badass) way to open it is with one hand.
    Last edited by rmausser; 05/10/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I just open my Pre with one hand.

1)Rest your Pre on your Fingers.

2) Slide it open with the the thumb on that same hand by pressing on the screen.

3) Type with one thumb like a bassass

4) Do other important **** with your other hand.

The easiest (and most badass) way to open it is with one hand.
    Agreed. Though I will say that I often find myself in certain usage situations where my thumb can't generate enough leverage against the screen to push it up, instead it just pushes in and catches the top half of the phone on the keyboard buttons (I think?) or something, making it even more difficult. This is most often triggered by dry skin or just after washing my hands.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Agreed. Though I will say that I often find myself in certain usage situations where my thumb can't generate enough leverage against the screen to push it up, instead it just pushes in and catches the top half of the phone on the keyboard buttons (I think?) or something, making it even more difficult. This is most often triggered by dry skin or just after washing my hands.
    WHOA, the top half of your phone is catching on your keyboard keys????

You are pushing down WAY too hard man!! You dont need to push down that hard....you are gonna bust up your screen.

I would also like to mention that I have one of those Zagg skins...so maybe the extra friction it creates makes it easier to do the single hand method.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12