Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If you enjoy listening to live air traffic control, the great website Listen to Live ATC (Air Traffic Control) Communications | LiveATC.net has gone live with a beta version of their mobile web page at m.liveatc.net.

There are hundreds, and maybe thousands of worldwide ATC streams to choose from. From the main screen, just enter an airport identifier for the area you want to stream. I think it needs to be a four-letter identifier (e.g. "KSFO" instead of just "SFO" for San Francisco). The identifier for airports in the continental US is "K". Alaska and Hawaii is "P" (e.g. Honolulu is "PHNL"). And Canada is "C".

If you can't find your region on the mobile site, try visiting the main website (liveatc.net) to figure out the identifier of the region you'd like to listen to.

I have tried it and most times it works well. Like all streaming websites, sometimes it can be hit or miss, but overall the results are good. Sometimes it can take awhile for the stream to start. If you do get an error message, it usually works by trying again.

Joe
    Would be nice if someone could turn this into a app

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Would be nice if someone could turn this into a app
    I e-mailed their support and had a conversation with the site's owner about that. He said he is a Palm fan, but is waiting a bit to see how things go with Palm. I told him that with the pending HP merger/acquisition I thought it was a safe bet that webOS would be around awhile.

I told him I would make this post about the mobile site to try to drum up interest from potential listeners on the Pre and Pixi.

Hopefully others who want them to release a webOS app will also contact him using the "contact" link on their web page. Maybe if he hears from enough of us, he will port it over.

Joe
    Awesome good work and also I see on there main page they don't allow Unauthorized linking and use of audio feeds is prohibited. So hopefully they decide to make an app because no one else really can.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Interesting, but a bit inconsistent. For example, it has all sorts of frequencies available to monitor at SFO & BOS, yet only has the tower at LAX & doesn't have DTW or ATL (busiest airport in the world) at all. Is it a new site? Hope it keeps updating as I have bookmarked it on the Pre.
    They have my local airport so it's nice.

Follow Me On Twitter
    sweet
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Interesting, but a bit inconsistent. For example, it has all sorts of frequencies available to monitor at SFO & BOS, yet only has the tower at LAX & doesn't have DTW or ATL (busiest airport in the world) at all. Is it a new site? Hope it keeps updating as I have bookmarked it on the Pre.
    I think the site relies on local volunteers who feed the streams from their scanners. So I assume it just depends on who's in the area and willing to "donate" their stream from their scanner.

Joe
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Mike, for a cool ATL monitoring site with a live ATC video screen built in, check out:
    LIVE Air Traffic Control ATC monitoring of Atlanta Center, Atlanta TRACON, and Atlanta Tower Air Traffic Control Communications and Radar Video

I don't know if it works on the Pre, but pretty cool.