Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Went to Radio Shack to grab a $20 Touchstone pad and got into a short conversation with the clerk. She said all the clerks there had Pre's and what great phones they were.
    So some places know the score!
    I had a similar experience! I saw a post here about the $20 touchstones so I went online and ordered them for pick up at the store. When I went to pick them up the guy working there asked me how I found out about the offer. Turns out he was the one who posted the sale! we ended up getting into a convo about pre/hp ....good deal
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    That's awesome! At the radio shack I went to the other day to pick up another Touchstone there was an old guy working there with an Ancient BB. He said he thought about getting a Pre but it was just too strange to him. However he did also mention that the other "kid" that worked there had a Pre and has it all "hacked and Souped up". So I assume that he meant the other guy is running preware with a bunch of patches and homebrew apps on his phone. So yeah that's at least one more Radio Shack with a Pre fan... as long as you are there on the right day...lol.
    Went to the Source yesterday (Which replaced Radio Shack here in Canada I think) and my father wanted to get a new phone and the clerk said he recommended the Palm Pre.

Lit up my face with joy. =]
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Got my $20 Touchstone this weekend (after trips to 3 separate Shacks). Was a little surprised that it didn't come with the Palm plug and the charging cable, and even more surprised when the guy made no effort to either sell one or find one for me. In fact, he said that he had never even seen one of the Touchstones before. Didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

However when I went to the Sprint store the next morning to buy a plug and cable, the guy looked for one to sell me and couldn't find one, so he just gave me one that he had in the back for a Pixi. Works great for me.
    I was at Radio Shack the other day looking at accessories, when the clerk told me they weren't going to be carrying the Palm phones anymore because Palm was going under.

He was genuinely shocked when I informed him the company had been bought out by HP.

...sigh...
    Why can't educated people work in an electronics store? Is it too much to ask? I guess if they paid them more it wouldn't be a problem.. But I guess it's too much to ask. Radioshack has had alot of problems anyways.
    The guy at the one I got my touchstone from said that voice command was in the near future. Shows how much he knew!!
    today I bought out all the touchstone kits from 2 stores. Several others in the area Atlanta still have some stock.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    at the store I went to the guy had a pre, he hadn't heard of homebrew or patches. i told him that he absolutley has to come to precentral!
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    These touchstones are selling fast. I have to go to 4 stores to buy three. And BTW , there is a touchstone + cover kit and Touchstone only pack. The price is the same for these two 19.99. Just loving it. I can no longer harm the usb port on my Pre
    You guys are killing me buying up 3 and 4 touchstones. I just need one but every store in my area is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    today I bought out all the touchstone kits from 2 stores. Several others in the area Atlanta still have some stock.
    you were that guy. I had to go looking everywhere because of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    Don't you hate these guys. Half of them will keep them stored in a drawer for "spares" and the other half will sell them on Ebay for a profit. The one store I contacted told me a guy came in and bought 6 of them.
    Ive been working at radioshack for the past 3 weeks now, and have slowly seen Pre accessories come down in price... currently, 12.99 car charger kit, 19.99 touchstone kit (both kits, with and without back cover), and 4.99 screen protectors at my store...doesnt make radioshack seem like theyre going to be carrying Pre Plus when it hits ATT but who knows
    Last edited by axler464; 05/12/2010 at 08:18 AM.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Don't you hate these guys. Half of them will keep them stored in a drawer for "spares" and the other half will sell them on Ebay for a profit. The one store I contacted told me a guy came in and bought 6 of them.
    Dude,
    I am not selling it on Ebay. I bought 3. Need three more. Its simple. We have two Pres in the family. Need two Touchstones for home, two for Car and two for the office. I resisted for past 10 months. After using it I feel like why did I not buy it in the first place. Its lot of money yo spend on a charger, but hey i don't have to run around sprint store complaining about broken USB port.

The guy at Radioshack told me about this woman who bought all five of them, she told him that its about time all the phones start using this technology.

The only issue is, you have to use the Palm OEM car charger for using in car. If you use any other chargers the thing does annoying beeps.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axler464 View Post
    Ive been working at radioshack for the past 3 weeks now, and have slowly seen Pre accessories come down in price... currently, 12.99 car charger kit, 19.99 touchstone kit (both kits, with and without back cover), and 4.99 screen protectors at my store...doesnt make radioshack seem like theyre going to be carrying Pre Plus when it hits ATT but who knows
    I visited four stores searching for these. One manager told me about Radioshack is trying hard to get Apple products , specially iPhone. Besides he said they are not getting any incentives for selling Pres. They are pushing Hero big time. The time I was there (25 mins) I saw two Heros being sold.

OBTW, I noticed Pixi is getting more attraction than Pre.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    In addition , I knew few friends who bought touchstones using 40% corporate discount on Palm's accessories. Almost all folks who used this discount bought least two touchstones.
    are you in GA? I can tell you where there are still touchstones
    did you go looking everywhere? I just searched for location in google maps on my Pre+. You can touch the phone number right from google maps!

I'm just sayin'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast