Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went to my local Shack and picked up a Touchstone and stayed there for about 1-2hrs getting the guys there hooked up to PreCentral, WebOSQI, and preware. One guy had a laptop hooked up to Clear (south Texas 4g provider) and a Pre so I set him up. He said was hooked but the excitement was wearing off...now he's there again. I even walked away with an extra 'damaged' Touchstone for $5. Thanks Shack!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I visited four stores searching for these. One manager told me about Radioshack is trying hard to get Apple products , specially iPhone. Besides he said they are not getting any incentives for selling Pres. They are pushing Hero big time. The time I was there (25 mins) I saw two Heros being sold.

OBTW, I noticed Pixi is getting more attraction than Pre.
    The shacks around here are answering the phone with "thanls for calling Radio Shack, home of the iPhone...)
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    small tip, don't search radioshack's website for locating the touchstone. Go to local radioshack and ask them if they are in stock in a nearby store. Some times they are in stock but the website doesn't show.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    small tip, don't search radioshack's website for locating the touchstone. Go to local radioshack and ask them if they are in stock in a nearby store. Some times they are in stock but the website doesn't show.
    Or save some driving and call them from your Pre... just sayin"
    If anyone wants to pay a little more, I'm sure I can look around my area for a touchstone kit and mail it to them. I'm not sure if anyone is up for this. I know I returned one to my store a week ago, but it was faulty. I haven't looked around the Radioshacks around the DFW area though.

Message me!
    I got mine today at the shack. I was surprised to see that they not only had the touchstone, but the kit (with the back included) for the same price $19.99. There are a lot in my area here in Middle TN. almost every shack has some. I think the cords were marked down to 12.99. The lady there said they will not be carrying palm stuff anylonger. She didn't seem to really know what she was talking about though.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    I got mine today at the shack. I was surprised to see that they not only had the touchstone, but the kit (with the back included) for the same price $19.99. There are a lot in my area here in Middle TN. almost every shack has some. I think the cords were marked down to 12.99. The lady there said they will not be carrying palm stuff anylonger. She didn't seem to really know what she was talking about though.
    They are not carrying Palm Pre. However there is a possibility of the Pixi being retained. The big issue was with the returns. Palm really need to release couple more handsets that are innovative and easily distinguishable among the tons of BBS,Droids and iPhones.
    My .02 , we can safely say that there are 3 million customers who knows about WebOS. HP-Palm can pitch them new devices, easily.
    There are a ton of $19.99 touchstones in my area (one store I called has 8). I am wondering if I should make a trip around buying them all up and selling them on craigslist or ebay. I am just wondering if there are so many available there might not be the demand for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by oftel101 View Post
    There are a ton of $19.99 touchstones in my area (one store I called has 8). I am wondering if I should make a trip around buying them all up and selling them on craigslist or ebay. I am just wondering if there are so many available there might not be the demand for them...
    You should buy them all and offer them here. There are a lot of members that haven't been able to find them.

What city are you in?
    I am in Southern California. Anyone can DM me if you want to buy a touchstone and we can work out a deal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12