Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I went to BB to upgrade my mom to the Pixi today (Mother's Day), and the manager only had one Pixi left. He informed me that the store was discontinuing Palm for Sprint... Is anyone else running into this problem?
    just sounds like they are getting ready for new devices.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I thought they were just discontinuing the Pre.
    It's standard practice at BB (and any electronics store) to start phasing out equipment in order to make way for new sku's when released. If they don't start clearing them out of all locations before the new devices hit, they will be stuck with them and never get a dime on the left over units.

Don't worry about rumors of companies clearing out the Pre and Pixi these next couple of months. I heard it from a good source within a large company that there are new sku's in the pipeline. Don't quote me on this.. but if you do, spell my name right and send me a dollar. Not sure if this means the Pre Plus or a 'brand new' device is taking it's place. No one seems to actually know that one. Anyhoo... don't let clearance rumors make you worry... its actually a very good thing!
  5. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I agree. I went by Radio Shack and picked up an extra touchstone for $19. Last one they had..
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I agree. I went by Radio Shack and picked up an extra touchstone for $19. Last one they had..
    Got one too, but the store I was at had 15 of them!! They said they had been on the shelves and they probably only sold two of them over the last six months. I tried to talk them into selling me a second one at half price, but they wouldn't go for it -- BOO RADIO SHACK
    None of the Radio Shacks in Columbus have any Touchstones left. No Pre backs, either. They do have the Pixie backs.
    any word when the new pre "might" be coming out (using history as a guide)... My wife and I are in the market for a new pre and I am trying to figure out if it is worth waiting.. we are on 700p right now lol
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    any word when the new pre "might" be coming out (using history as a guide)... My wife and I are in the market for a new pre and I am trying to figure out if it is worth waiting.. we are on 700p right now lol
    Yeah, same boat here -- wish we would hear something from Sprint, the silence is deafening!!!
    Picked up touchstone today for 19.99 in Bocs Raton, Florida. Wootwoot!
    Well the Sprint Palm Pre is still at my local BB store!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    None of the Radio Shacks in Columbus have any Touchstones left. No Pre backs, either. They do have the Pixie backs.
    If anyone's interested, I'll trade an extra Pre back that I have for Pixi back (no fancy artist series, just the plan touchstone Pixi back).
    I wish O2 Germany were as pessimistic about Palm as Radio Shack USA seem to be; if they sold us Touchstones for $20 (€16) I'd be on that like white on rice. Alas, they're still expensive; they probably read more newspapers here.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I went to three best buys to get a pre for my mom and they were all out and they all said it's being discontinued for a new model.
    Here in Oklahoma City, some stores are continuing to carry Sprint phones including the Pre and some are not carrying Sprint services. It is a carrier specific thing, not a phone specific thing.

Thanks to our Precentral forum community, I too picked up an extra TouchStone for $19. I am using this one in my car. It is my third.
    I went to buy a new Pre today, so I headed over to my local Best Buy. I asked the sales guy and he said that they no longer have it, but I could get an Hero. So I left and called another Best Buy. The guy on the phone said that they have discontinued the phone.

When did this happen? i don't recall hearing that Best Buy was no longer selling the Pre on Sprint.
    On bestbuy.com I saw a banner saying the Pre was available online and in stores. After clicking the banner, it lead me to this page with info and the ability to view of a demo of the phone. After searching the three stores here where I live, no one had the Pre available in stock though.
    I was told that they are not selling anymore palm devices. I told the lady this can't be true AT&T was just released and Verizon wasn't that long ago. She took me to her computer and put in the pruduct upc and it said no longer avalible for sprint pre and pixi. (yeah I had her search all four) Sorry guys I think the buyout is freakin some people/companys out. That is what she said was the reason for BB no longer carrying the pre and pixi. Who knows though.
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    I was told that they are not selling anymore palm devices. I told the lady this can't be true AT&T was just released and Verizon wasn't that long ago. She took me to her computer and put in the pruduct upc and it said no longer avalible for sprint pre and pixi. (yeah I had her search all four) Sorry guys I think the buyout is freakin some people/companys out. That is what she said was the reason for BB no longer carrying the pre and pixi. Who knows though.
    Is it all Palm WebOS devices or just the Sprint versions? The Sprint Pre is almost a year old and is at it's End Of Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Is it all Palm WebOS devices or just the Sprint versions? The Sprint Pre is almost a year old and is at it's End Of Life...
    The store I was at had the Verizon Pre Plus. I did not look for AT&T.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast