Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I don't blame them I wouldn't carry them either, they were probably losing more money then they were making do to all the returns/exchanges...besides hardly anyone showed any interest in buying one. I would go to different retailer and every time I go the Pre/Pixi would be sitting there while everyone plays with the other phones.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I don't blame them I wouldn't carry them either, they were probably losing more money then they were making do to all the returns/exchanges...besides hardly anyone showed any interest in buying one. I would go to different retailer and every time I go the Pre/Pixi would be sitting there while everyone plays with the other phones.
    I suspect you are looking at Verizon for this information about people not wanting one. There are many people who just don't understand ANYTHING about sales and marketing that need a basic refresher in how things work.

For starters, to drive MASS AMOUNTS of sales, you need the general public to know about a product. This involves advertising, radio, TV, newspaper, and in-store displays telling people about the product. You also need your sales people to know the product well enough to explain the features if people come into the store and ask about the product.

If sales people do not know about a product and have never used it, they will not be inclined to showcase the product for people to look at and properly evaluate.

The Palm devices got good treatment at the original launch on Sprint, but the early devices DID have a number of quality issues that have been fixed at this point(by the time of the AT&T launch of the Pre Plus, and most of them were fixed by the time of the Verizon launch). The problem is that since the original Sprint version had all those problems with "Oreo effect" and cracking plastic, people STILL assume that the build quality is low.

Verizon didn't try to push sales of the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, so the general public that didn't know about the devices wouldn't be inclined to check out these phones since if the phone is OFF and in a display case, it doesn't look terribly impressive. If sales people get their information from reports from Sprint users, they would also not be inclined to promote the sale.

AT&T managed to sell out of the Pre Plus, even without any advertising. It may be that those on AT&T like myself who keep saying how good the Pre Plus is DO listen and have been silently checking out the device. With the reports of easily overclocking to 1GHz, some people may not make noise about the Pre Plus, but may just buy them and then keep using them.

So, Best Buy not stocking the Pre and Pre Plus would come from this perception that people don't want a phone they have never heard of. Who's fault is that?
    that was my thought, more of a channel clearing vs sales. Looking forward to upgrading. Love WebOS but would like a slab form factor and 4" screen with increased resolution. not too much to ask for...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234