Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was a little disturbed that the sprint pre and verizon pre plus were not on display so I asked about them and there pixi companion. She went from sku to sku showing me discontiuned status on them all. I'm not sure why and she speculated that it was the buy out.
    my store had a dummy pixi plus but no stock. after the lady realized it said "discontinued" in their system she said "well I guess we need to take that down"
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well this isn't good news.... My Pre was ran over buy a car and I have Best Buy's warranty. I was told that I can get a new Pre (or have $600 towards another phone) This was last week though and haven't had the time to go in. Now what should I get?
    Some had said that their BB still had them. Hope yours does. If you wanted to swich go for the evo.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    Some had said that their BB still had them. Hope yours does. If you wanted to swich go for the evo.
    I just checked local availability on Best Buy's website and no stores near me have them. I am using my wife's old Hero now and since the update the phone is absolutely horrible. It was decent before the update, not as good as the Pre OS, but still acceptable. This makes me a little nervous about going to the Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriedy View Post
    Well this isn't good news.... My Pre was ran over buy a car and I have Best Buy's warranty. I was told that I can get a new Pre (or have $600 towards another phone) This was last week though and haven't had the time to go in. Now what should I get?
    The Black Tie Warranty? That's what I had... I accidentally broke my screen and they shipped it off to get "fixed". Almost a month later, they gave me a new Pre. Don't worry though.. they'll give you a loaner phone while you wait. They gave me a very basic Samsung dumbphone...
    My local BB hasn't had Palms for serveral weeks now and accessories are all but gone now.I asked if they would be getting any TS's soon since they are much cheaper there then VZW, I was told they wouldn't carry them anymore, "it's an old phone now, looks like you need to get on the HTC bandwagon"I almost hammered the *****. Man I really do not like salespeople. They all want the new, shiny stuff, and really have no idea what Palm can do.Sorry/rant off.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Well it has been a year. The phone is old by cell phone standards.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    doesn't surprise me. palm's poorly constructed, poorly marketed phones were almost certainly a huge money loser for all carriers and retailers. i mean come on guys, Verizon's been giving the phone away for over a month and they still can't move them out the door. that tells you all you need to know. word's gotten around... if you buy a palm you will very likely be back in the store asking for a replacement due to defect within a few months. who wants to deal with that? I would like nothing better than to reccommend a palm phone to friends but i just can't do it in good conscience.
    Sorry but this is why I WON'T buy a phone from BB ever again. I did that with my first sprint phone..... yeah phone worked for me and lasted, but wasn't as good as I have gotten from my last few phones from sprint. Unless I am buying at DEEP discount (at the point I wouldn't be going back to seller for issues) I will be buying from my carrier of choice at this point.
    Well, you can still put the Sprint insurance on it like I have, so after buying the phone at Best Buy, now anytime I have a problem, I just call Sprint or Palm. I've gotten free replacement battery chargers from Palm, replacement phone from Sprint, and a replacement phone from Best Buy. The only real difference between buying it at Best Buy and Sprint is that if you want to exchange it before the 30 days are up, you need to go to Best Buy instead Sprint. I'll be getting my next phone from Best Buy probably, unless it's the same price online at Sprint/Amazon, but I just won't get the black tie protection.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Come on, I can't be the only one to be trying to read between the lines here? BB was early to add the Pre to it's line and it would make sense that they would stop carrying inventory of a product they know is going to be replaced (soon I hope). Now I don't want to start any rumors but Radio Shack started selling TS for $20 a couple of weeks ago, BB stops selling/inventorying Pre's. I'd like to think it is because they both know something we can only hope for. Palm to launch a new device before the buyout is completed in July. Or perhaps they will do it the same day? This is all just my hopes and wants I have not hard facts just trying to see the silver lining.
    Joe C.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    doesn't surprise me. palm's poorly constructed, poorly marketed phones were almost certainly a huge money loser for all carriers and retailers. i mean come on guys, Verizon's been giving the phone away for over a month and they still can't move them out the door. that tells you all you need to know. word's gotten around... if you buy a palm you will very likely be back in the store asking for a replacement due to defect within a few months. who wants to deal with that? I would like nothing better than to reccommend a palm phone to friends but i just can't do it in good conscience.
    i can see by your 9(lol) posts you sir are the utmost expert on the Pre and and palm in general.After looking back on several of your post, most of which are biased against the pre in some way or fashion,your post has been rendered useless.
    My girlfriend and I went to best buy this past weekend and the employee there told me that they (Best Buy) are discontinuing the Pre/Pixi and then I read an article later that day that said Radio Shack was doing the same thing!!

What is happening here? I love the Pre and personally I can't stand the EVO. That thing is way too big, IMO! Are we slowly losing this wonderful device? How in the world can WebOS be trickling out of existence? I hope I am wrong here.

When I first bought my Pre last year, I didn't like it at all. I had to get used to the keyboard and some other things. After two weeks, I was in love and ever since then, I couldn't imagine parting ways with this amazing smart phone with such an incredible, genius operating system.

I believe that the people who are turning this phone down are the people who don't know how to modify it like we do using Precentral for help. I think that the average Pre owner does not go on any website looking for help and asking questions about their Pre. This is very unfortunate because if I wasn't computer savvy and technically sound, I too would not be doing research on the Pre.

I think that Preware along with WebOSQI is what saved the Pre for all of us who use this site. Without the hundreds of patches, the Pre would be a really boring and disappointing device. But because there are options on improving the functionality of this device, it has enhanced the Pre to such a great smart phone, one which I believe beats every other phone out on the market.

The question is, how do we get Palm to realize how important Preware is and get them to contact the genius's who haven't given up on the Pre, but who have put such hard work into making the Pre better? Those people are the real employees of Palm; the ones who do their work for fun!

We need to save the Pre!!!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Um, this is very old news.... See this main article: http://www.precentral.net/rumors-pre...-coming-sprint and this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-sprint.html
    yeah please calm down we already know that HP and palm are releasing a new version most likely on sprint as previously leaked. Of course 3rd party retailers will be disscontinuing the sprint variants, due to sprints inventory cleaning out. Go over to the palm c40 thread, and see our leaks we have from our sources.
    Old product my friend, it happens. Its palm's fault for not pushing out a new product quick enough. But never-the-less, one is on the way.
    BB and RS are not selling the pre or pixi anymore but they are selling the Pre+ & Pixi+ so it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    What is happening here? I love the Pre and personally I can't stand the EVO. That thing is way too big, IMO! Are we slowly losing this wonderful device? How in the world can WebOS be trickling out of existence? I hope I am wrong here.
    Of course, you do realize that they aren't going to take YOURS away from you and make you switch to an EVO. Yours isn't going to trickle out of existence. Why should we be upset about the Pre disappearing from stores? Everyone knows it's not selling well (we can be upset about that, but the time for that was about 6 months ago). I don't expect stores to continue to occupy valuable shelf space with products that don't sell well.

When new webOS hardware comes out, it will be in stores again. In the meantime, enjoy the accessories sales!!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ...we already know that HP and palm are releasing a new version most likely on sprint as previously leaked...
    Where was this leaked? I must have missed this. I sure hope they do, but I still have this gnawing feeling that Palm and Sprint have parted ways...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast