1.    #1  
    Recently doctored my phone and I cant find the old way I used to install the 800MHz kernel. I only want 800MHz on all the time like before none of the screen off 500mhz thing goin on. If anyone could link me to the quickest way that would be great.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    search for Uberkernel.
    It is the only option now. The Super Kernel guys are working with WebOS internals on it
  3.    #3  
    I have somethin called Uberkernel installed but my phone is definitely not 800MHz.
  4.    #4  
    I have somethin called Uberkernel installed but my phone is definitely not 800MHz.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Install Govnah or CPUScaler Ultimate to set your CPU scaling.

Govnah has a nicer interface but no settings that will stick on reboot.

CPUScaler has a battery temperature display and CPU temperature along with settings that will stick even on reboot.

Do not run both apps at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    Install Govnah or CPUScaler Ultimate to set your CPU scaling.

Govnah has a nicer interface but no settings that will stick on reboot.

CPUScaler has a battery temperature display and CPU temperature along with settings that will stick even on reboot.

Do not run both apps at the same time!
    i have both aps installed and am using cpuscaler to set the ondemand scaling --i open govnah every once and a while to check the cpu temp quickly -- i have never experienced any problems -- you can even change the scaling type or settings with govnah and on reboot cpuscaler will set to predetermined levels
    oh and i ran the sh version and ipkg version of the 800 mhZ patch -- loved them -- ran the super prekernel and experienced major battery drain -- i am using the uberkernel now and it seems to be a stable good experience -- i have the ondemand scaling set to 500- 800 and what you might find even though you want to go fast all the time is that this settign ramps up so that you don't notice any lag and you will notice a battery drain that goes down = lengthened battery life
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #7  
    Okay I used Cpuscaler and I dont have a battery temp or cpu temp. There is no make settings stick upon reboot either. It says im at 800MHz but it does not feel like I am.

EDIT: This is ******** I wish I had the old way. It was so much simpler. Whats the command in webos quick install to check my cpu speed again?
    Which cpuscaler? Make sure its cpuscalerultimate and go into the app and select the 800mhz speed. The temp is in the stats page in the app. Check the speed by plugging your device into your pc, open wosqi, linux command line type - cat /proc/cpuinfo and it will tell you your speed
    Same, I thought the old way was much simpler because scaling never works for me. The whole "screenstate" thing isn't working as advertised. If it did I'd love it.
    I recently doctored my Pre about 2 days ago and couldn't find the 800mhz ipk patch anywhere.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post

EDIT: This is ******** I wish I had the old way. It was so much simpler. Whats the command in webos quick install to check my cpu speed again?

try: cat \proc\cpuinfo

Works in terminus, also
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Uber Kernel and Govnah are super easy to install using Preware. And the latest update to Govnah allows profile saving. So once you have your preferred settings, turning them on after a restart is as simple as selecting a single profile. They are quite stable as well. I'm not having any issues at all and running at a static 800MHz all the time.

Unless somebody else picks up the old .sh or SPK development you will very likely have issues when the next WebOS update comes out. The kernel in those solutions was 1.4.0 it doesn't have the updates for 1.4.1.1 even though it will work (except for the Pre Plus keyboard double type issue).

So, I personally wouldn't recommend it. I used those and they worked fine for me, but I couldn't see continuing using them when they weren't going to be updated.
    I have the straight 800mhz kernel at work, I'll give it you monday.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts