1.    #1  
    I've only had my Pre+ for about a month now, and it's worked perfectly until this morning.

No mods, no apps... nothing has been changed on my part.

It was run down completely, so i put it on the Touchstone before going to sleep last night. It powered on, and was showing the time and whatnot..looked okay.

I wake up and it had the black screen with Palm logo instead, and did not respond to anything. It was boiling hot, by the way.

Holding the power button for 30 seconds straight did nothing. It doesn't power down. The volume button doesn't do anything either. Black screen, logo not pulsing.

I finally pulled the battery, and left it out for ten minutes. Plug in, same thing...

When the battery runs down completely, the phone does show the "low battery" screen when powered on. If i plug it in without a battery, it shows a "no battery" screen.

So it should work...but it simply doesn't boot for some reason

Oh, and the screen has strange spots in the corners...they were not there last night either.

Danni

P.S. When i plugged it in to charge straight thru a cable a couple minutes ago, when the keyboard is open, the top side heats up more than the battery
    did u had likt 720mhz or 800mhz patch on your phone?? if not something went wrong on your phone and best bet is going to verizon that is the network you are on right? i fnot go to sprint and show them and they are more then likely exchange it since it seems it is a harware failure. you should be fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    did u had likt 720mhz or 800mhz patch on your phone?? if not something went wrong on your phone and best bet is going to verizon that is the network you are on right? i fnot go to sprint and show them and they are more then likely exchange it since it seems it is a harware failure. you should be fine.
    Yeah, it's VZW... They will get a visit from me tomorrow

Thing is, the phone was completely stock...no apps...i didn't even transfer the full contacts list yet....

I'm guessing the new update that Palm pushed out did something...

Anyway, thanks

Danni
    ur welcome not a problem. and it can be that something is wrong with the update. i am on sprint and it works fine. i wish you luck on getting a new and working one for you.
  5.    #5  
    Update...

Seems that it got back to semi-normal after a few hours w/o battery... the screen doesn't show spots anymore, so i thought twice about giving up and returning it.... googled for "stuck on a logo screen" on a whim, and was able to switch the phone into USB mode. Downloaded the Doctor, which fixed the problem

forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Hardware/Palm-Pre-stuck-at-logo/m-p/242880

I now think it was installing an update while on the Touchstone, and had a temperature panic, so it shut down before the update could complete..

Danni
    Almost the same thing happened to me last night (for the first time). I have the original Pre with the Uber 800 kernel and the new CPUscaler program (set to 800hz-125hz). I put it on the touchstone when I went to bed. About 3 hours later I got up and noticed my screen didn't show the time, and the whole screen had just a faint white glow to it. The screen was frozen and the whole phone was very hot. I ended up pulling the battery and was able to reboot. When I did, I checked the battery temp and it was 45C. I also checked the CPU temp and it was 48c. Man, I think I got lucky. I'm guessing it almost fried. I'm going to give up on the touchstone for now.