1.    #1  
    I understand the idea race to idle, whereby the processor does all it's work at top speed (say, fixed 800Mhz) then goes to sleep.

But, when scaling, say 250-800Mhz, do different apps and functions etc. have certain innate processor requirements that tell the processor what speed to run at? Does this processor requirement change with screen on vs screen off, or with multiple apps open, dividing up processor speed? And, what about that... do multiple open apps divide processor usage evenly based upon the number of apps open, or unevenly based upon the inherent needs of those apps?

In reference to scaling vs setting a fixed speed... Does scaling add the benefit of varying clock speeds as needed BUT still allow the processor to go idle at rest, or does it force the processor to consistently run (doing, potentially nothing) at the lowest clock speed set?

One last thing... I am using the Super Kernel and the CPU Scaler Ultimate. I have set my Super Kernel for 800Mhz (why go lower when I can scale back with CPU Scaler, right? wrong?). But, I have set my CPU Scaler for 250-720Mhz. When I check stats, I see that, while my clock speeds do bottom out at 250Mhz, they phone does spend a modicum of time at the full 800Mhz (despite being set at 720). Why is that?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  2.    #2  
    Nobody?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me