Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Stuck after installing webOS Quick Install, but before Preware

I followed the instructions to download and install webOS Quick Install without any problems. Got through install of webOS Doctor and Novacomd.

When I got to the part of clicking the blue down button, it keeps sticking and the program stops responding. The only way to clear it is to either restart my computer, or to attempt to close close the program and wait (im)patiently for it to cooperate.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

(win xp, latest java...even reinstalled thinking it was a problem with the install, but still get the same issue)
    It freezes on me to but that's just because it's loading all the feeds and info. If you wait few seconds for it, it will load. Either you're impatient or your computer or Internet is SLOW.
    disconnect the phone and do a full power off restart. Reconnect to pc.

give QI time to connect everything and pull down the feeds. Could be a minute or two.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    If only that were the case. =\

Currently, I have been waiting more than 5 minutes and still nothing. Yes, I can be impatient at times, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. I definitely do not have a slow computer (2.33 GHz, 2G RAM - I work with graphics on this computer often and never have an issue with any of my programs). Net is also good (5.72 Mb/s down, 4.49 Mb/s up).
    slowness would be from the time to get feeds from the homebrew servers. 5 min should be way longer than needed. Hopefully jason or ron will chime in.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thank you both for your help. I've retried many things and even went so far as to uninstall all java, then reinstall only the latest version. Still nothing. On another round of waiting and up to 7 minutes of nothing already.

I do hope we can get this resolved somehow.
    I had a similar problem and to reinstall novacom. Click files, options and click on attempt Novacom reinstall. Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    I had a similar problem and to reinstall novacom. Click files, options and click on attempt Novacom reinstall. Worked for me.
    I was thinking the same. Have attempted this several times (even again just now) and still am getting the same result.
    Hmm. Tried rebooting computer?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    Hmm. Tried rebooting computer?
    several times unfortunately
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Bumping from page 2 (hope that's okay) to see if anyone else might be able to help out on this one.
    Had the same problem trying to install web-dr, never did get it to work. tried all the suggested methods to clear and reinstall, nothing worked. I Want to install preware but seeing that i have to install web-dr has me hesitant about attempting it. Any suggestions.
    In my humbled opinion could be the webos doctor that u have, did u make sure the doc and wosqui were in the same folder, if they are but there is more stuff in the same folder, create a new one just for those two and repair utility if u decide to use it later, but i would delete the hole thing, download again WOSQUI here: http://images.precentral.net/sites/p...ickInstall.jar and pick the webos doctor for ur version of webos and carrier here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals give it shoot almost sure ta
    hat would do it!
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    also when u have wosqui running do the re-install novacom thing, then plug ur phone.
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds