1.    #1  
    wow,these fully charge batt goes down so quickly,when the phone is being used..regardless of overclocking or not. It seems to make no difference what settings you have the phone on,the only way to have a full batt is to keep it charging. Palm need a better way to preserve batt life....
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    wow,these fully charge batt goes down so quickly,when the phone is being used..regardless of overclocking or not. It seems to make no difference what settings you have the phone on,the only way to have a full batt is to keep it charging. Palm need a better way to preserve batt life....

I know exactly what you mean...Im charging my pre as we speak.
    Yeah it's very, very irritating. I've been trying to find ways to slow the drain down while in use since June 6, but have given up and bought extended batteries. The number one cause of the drain is scrolling in lists, webpages, etc. I hope once the GPU help is added this will really slow down.
  4.    #4  
    lets hope so.
    welcome to last year...i basically have a means of charge with me at all times
    Worse thing about the phone hands down. Shoulda put a bigger battery in the phone.
    yeah that's the one thing I hate about the pre .
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I got a 2600Mah Seidio, problem solved. The added thickness even serves as a means to stand my pre on its side to watch videos.
    +1 on extended battery.

the problem is worse when the phone is new because they are too much fun to put down. Alll the patching and surfing with a great new toy is tough n battery life.
    One solution I found is while I'm at work I have data turned off. When I need the net I scroll over to that card I left open and just enable it. Easy solution in my opinion
    wasn't it discovered that the lcd brightness makes the biggest difference to battery life, to be honest, if i know im gona be away from a wall or pc for a while, i take a spare battery with me!!
    And the games I play....the battery drains quick...I also just get bored so ill slide my phone open and start testing its its abilities. by the way.....does anyone know of good games on the pre?
    also try mode switcher. I have mode switcher disable all sorts of things through out the day and at certain places. I also have a mode for phone only that disables everything except text messaging and phone calls. I can switch to this mode whenever or it is auto programmed to come on when I have 10% battery left. I found the phone only mode can last 2 days with minimal use, otherwise Phone only with modearte use would last me 24 hours or so. Mode switcher and a sedeiko battery really helps me.
    Yes, the battery drives me crazy. Having to charge it twice a day with use. Luckily I'm around chargers alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    wasn't it discovered that the lcd brightness makes the biggest difference to battery life, to be honest, if i know im gona be away from a wall or pc for a while, i take a spare battery with me!!
    It does but the fact that it still doesn't last a day is unacceptable... I have a Seidio 1350mAh too...
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    For me the battery drains as fast at the lowest brightness as it does at the highest brightness.
  17.    #17  
    +1... You so right about that. Batt drains regardless of what you do.
    one thing that helped me enormously was sorting out my wifi situation. for some reason my pre kept trying to log onto my wifi network unsuccessfully. everything password was entered correctly and my laptop and wired computers had no issue. But for some reason my pre after a while just stopped being able to connect. I reboot my router and it works. But my battery drained because all day the pre kept trying to log on, over and over and over and over. i normally cut it off wifi anyways but that cause my phone to drain ridiculously fast.