Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So my friends phone got killed, and he was looking to pick up a new phone...b/c I'm kind of a phone junkie, he gave me a call and asked for my input...so of course I recommend the Pre Plus.

What stinks is that he's on Verizon, so he's ordering the phone and will have it soon, while I'm on AT&T and have to wait to get mine..."sigh"...it's just not right.
    I wish I had an AT&T Pre over my Verizon Pre. My GPS might actually work and I would get updates quicker.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I was showing off my pre to my coworkers at work. One of them got it for himself and his wife. Once you show to people how these phones work, they basically sell themselves.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Yeah, if i was in your shoes i would have said droid incredible. I wouldn't want him *****ing at me about battery life, bad hardware, lag, lack of apps. I know there are patches and kernals, but if he needed someone else's input on the phone, he wouldn't know how to do these things.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoeatspandas View Post
    I wouldn't want him *****ing at me about battery life, bad hardware, lag, lack of apps.
    or maybe...he would end up thanking him for introducing him to a phone little know about with the best os around
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    or maybe...he would end up thanking him for introducing him to a phone little know about with the best os around
    I didn't say the os was bad. But i believe everyone here admits that the hardware isn't the best around.
    There is no "best os". Its all opinionated. Second I would have recommended his friend to get a droid incredible or wait till palm gets its stuff together. I feel like his friend will get really frustrated with this phone at its current stage.
    i agree...it could be better, i myself have been lucky enough to not have problems with it but i baby my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    There is no "best os". Its all opinionated.
    well its a good thing the op's opinion of the pre is a good one
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Yeah, if i was in your shoes i would have said droid incredible. I wouldn't want him *****ing at me about battery life, bad hardware, lag, lack of apps. I know there are patches and kernals, but if he needed someone else's input on the phone, he wouldn't know how to do these things.
    lol... ****ing him huh?... Strong words... We are talking about the Pre Plus... hardware is better, much less lag, free Mifi, $30 bucks... best OS out there (IMO)... and so what about having 50,000 apps... most are crap...(of course alot of Palm's are too...as with any App market), and lastly... as with anyone...why cant he learn about patching etc?... we all started somewhere... I just showed 3 people patching and there are all doing it...

HP Palm is on an upswing... instead of *****ing him... you just helped him into to getting one of the best phones on market...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    well its a good thing the op's opinion of the pre is a good one
    We'll just have to wait and see what his friend thinks about it in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see what his friend thinks about it in the long run.
    and hopefully even if he isnt 100% happy with the phone, he'll still be impressed by it enough to eagerly await future phones and remain a palm loyal
    and hopefully even if he isnt 100% happy with the phone, he'll still be impressed by it enough to eagerly await future phones and remain a palm loyal
    Dreaming big there buddy.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    lol... ****ing him huh?... Strong words... We are talking about the Pre Plus... hardware is better, much less lag, free Mifi, $30 bucks... best OS out there (IMO)... and so what about having 50,000 apps... most are crap...(of course alot of Palm's are too...as with any App market), and lastly... as with anyone...why cant he learn about patching etc?... we all started somewhere... I just showed 3 people patching and there are all doing it...

HP Palm is on an upswing... instead of *****ing him... you just helped him into to getting one of the best phones on market...
    I have a pre plus, because i wouldn't touch one of these on sprint with the constant too many cards error. Hardware is better but not great, my phone creaks when you pinch it together and so does my fathers. Double typing is a pain, and it wasn't fixed in the new update. Gps doesn't even work. You say much less lag, but theres still lag. Mobile hot spot is great. Yeah but out of those 50,000 apps are apps that are very useful as shazamm which users come on this forum asking if there is a similar app on webos. Am i right? Thats why we have so many users on this fourm asking about other apps that only android and iphone have. And the last part of the patches is that if he was at all techy he could have gone and reviewed the phones for himself and find what he could do with each and every one.

I'm not trying to bash palm or the pre, but if i had the choice now, i would go with the droid incredible. On my pre I love everything from a software stand point, because i love the simple yet elegant interface on my pre, but if i was just a casual consumer and i didn't know how to root my pre, i wouldn't have given the pre a chance, and would have exchanged it the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I wish I had an AT&T Pre over my Verizon Pre. My GPS might actually work and I would get updates quicker.
    ... And you know this how? From the long history of updates at&t has had for the pre?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/09/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    I have a pre plus, because i wouldn't touch one of these on sprint with the constant too many cards error. Hardware is better but not great, my phone creaks when you pinch it together and so does my fathers. Double typing is a pain, and it wasn't fixed in the new update. You say much less lag, but theres still lag. Mobile hot spot is great. Yeah but out of those 50,000 apps are apps that are very useful as shazamm which users come on this forum asking if there is a similar app on webos. Am i right? Thats why we have so many users on this fourm asking about other apps that only android and iphone have. And the last part of the patches is that if he was at all techy he could have gone and reviewed the phones for himself and find what he could do with each and every one.

I'm not trying to bash palm or the pre, but if i had the choice now, i would go with the droid incredible. On my pre I love everything from a software stand point, because i love the simple yet elegant interface on my pre, but if i was just a casual consumer and i didn't know how to root my pre, i wouldn't have given the pre a chance, and would have exchanged it the next day.
    This is exactly of consumers feel about the pre too. And is exactly why android is doing better than webos. Not trying to bash, I'm just letting you know how an average consumer feels about it.
    I'm an average user. And love my stock pre. Android sucks imho
    my wife wanted a droid so we were gonna get one. One day she was messin around with my Pre and fell in love. She didn't even know all the gesters yet. I took her to radioshack to get a Pre, they didn't have one. They tried sell her a droid, but she actually got mad and walked out. We went to sprint, bought a Pre and now 3 touchstones, a hardcase from verizon and screen protector later, she's in love. No patches or homebrew anything. Just her and her Pre. She rarely puts it down. I'm trying to get her on Precentral to check things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I'm an average user. And love my stock pre. Android sucks imho

you cant be the average consumer cuz according to extensive studies the average consumer doesnt like the pre ....although i consider myself an average user as well and i love my pre just like u do
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/09/2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: blah
    the average consumer is historically misinformed, ignorant, and mostly makes decisions based on marketing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast