Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Ok to the aboves, why is the hero more successful than the pre. when the pre has all these cool things like gestures and touchstone and the hero has nothing. And don't tell me advertising because the didn't have any adverting by itself. It was always with the moment and pixi in the commercials. And don't say the sprint reps recommend them because the sprint reps don't do anything while at the store they just sit their waiting till your ready to get your phone. And if you ask them about choices they go through all the smart phones and tell the people there strengths on the phone.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    the average consumer is historically misinformed, ignorant, and mostly makes decisions based on marketing.
    very true
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    you cant be the average consumer cuz according to extensive studies the average consumer doesnt like the pre ....although i consider myself an average user as well and i love my pre just like u do
    What planet do you some of you reside on? Consumers don't really know what a Pre or a Pixi or a webOS is and those are the facts b/c it shows up in the numbers. Palm's balance sheet is and was their problem. Not the Pre, Pixi or webOS. So how can you not like something you don't even know exists? You can't b/c you're ignorant to the fact that it exists. Pretty simple. And please link to the extensive studies you mentioned based on extensive research that show numerous polls of consumers saying that they don't like webOS when compared to Android, Apple and Blackberry. But you prolly can't b/c you're letting something cloud your rationality.

    Hey, if you don't like the Pre or webOS, fine. But don't come in here with your "extensive studies" bs and try to play it off as some highbrow fact when it isn't.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Hey, if you don't like the Pre or webOS, fine. But don't come in here with your "extensive studies" bs and try to play it off as some highbrow fact when it isn't.
    lol, if u had read the entire thread you would have noticed i was backing up the pre, and the part about "extensive studies" was sarcasm (notice the eye roll) based on what koolkid09 mentioned about "average users". somebody isnt very good at paying attention
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    lol, if u had read the entire thread you would have noticed i was backing up the pre, and the part about "extensive studies" was sarcasm (notice the eye roll) based on what koolkid09 mentioned about "average users". somebody isnt very good at paying attention
    My fault. I'm not good at really between the lines in emails and on the web. But now that I see the sarcasm and I get it. I'm slow at times. Good point.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  6. #26  
    lol, it's ok....just dont wanna get labeled as a pre hater...love the phone even with all it's downsides
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    the average consumer is historically misinformed, ignorant, and mostly makes decisions based on marketing.
    Well said.
  8. #28  
    The best GUI out there? , Yes, Best notifications? Yes, Best OS? debatable.
    Would I recommend the "Pre"?. No.
  9. #29  
    When put in this position, I just ask what they want in a phone. Then with that info I lay out their options and give objective pro and cons. Let them make the decision.

    Free mifi is pretty awesome on VZW, but if I rarely ever travel the mifi is mostly useless to me. So the value of that feature is decreased but if I am a heavy gmail user, android looks better. As others have said no OS is perfect and which phone is "best" really depends on the needs and desires of the user.

    For example, my best friend hate the build of the Pre and really wants a new phone and is very much enticed by the Evo, but he likes cheering for the underdog and wants to stay with WebOS and Palm. It is all very personal.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    the average consumer is historically misinformed, ignorant, and mostly makes decisions based on marketing.
    Agreed, but you left the rest of that thought hanging.....

    If the manufacturer knows that the average consumer is "insert your above statement here"....then why isn't the manufacturer AND Cell carriers doing more marketing to push the better product?

    After all, it only makes sense that a more useful product marketed correctly would garner more market share than a less useful product marketed equally.

    Right now, Palm/HP need a massive reboot and I don't think that is going to happen till the Sept/Oct timeframe.

    From a marketing standpoint a reboot is best done with new hardware.
    i.e.
    a Pre + (same phone as current but with new OS and larger cap battery)
    a Pre Pro (3.5" high res with slide out keyboard)
    a Pre II (3.7" high res with no keyboard)
    Both units with more memory, faster processor, 8mp high quality cameras, sound cancelling mics, larger battery(~2000mhr), and running WebOS version 2, with all the features and speed currently missing.

    At the reboot, everyone with the old Pre's will get the OTA update to use the new features and faster OS. Sell old Pre's to kids for next to nothing, and the new stuff for market near comparable prices to the high end Droids.

    When it comes to marketing...all the marketing in the world won't make the current level of Pre come close to the newer Droids or the upcoming Apple 4th gen phone. We need apples to apples comparison's and a WebOS 'work in progress' just doesn't cut it. Heck at this rate, RIM is just copying the phone design and OS tricks from everyone else and will dump it on the market to massive sales. Why even both with the Pre line? Market more sooner than later.
  11. #31  
    canadianpre = win
  12.    #32  
    OK...probably my fault for not explaining much of the situation...without going into a lot of detail, here's why I recommended the phone:

    Price: He had a budget that he wanted to stay in.
    Capabilities: I found out what he needed the phone for.
    User friendliness: I think webOS is pretty easy (and fun) to use.
    Future support: I believe in Palm, and now that they have the backing of HP I think that they will be a powerhouse in the industry.

    Look, I know that not everyone likes the Pre, but not everyone likes any phone. I use an HTC Diamond with WinMo currently...I like it and would stick with it if I wasn't able to upgrade right now. However, there are MANY people who have a strong dislike for WinMo (with good reason too). iPhone bores me to tears, and I hate to have the same thing as everyone else. Android is OK, but it just doesn't "do it" for me.

    My friend is not incapable of tweaking the phone...he just asked my opinion because I love researching different phones that are out or are coming out. I gave him my opinion, told him to look at lots of reviews, sent him to this site, and told him to make his own choice.

    What I still don't understand is the amount of people on here that hate the phone, but still stick around this site, and stick with the phone. If you really hate it as bad as you say there's a magical place called ebay. Believe it or not, but you can buy other phones there, and even sell the one that you have (trust me, someone will buy it). Then, stop coming here. There are great forums for you to talk about the phone that you want, or the new one that you just picked up on ebay. Hey, I'll help...if you have/want an HTC phone, go to the xda developers forum. They are awesome. It's what really makes the HTC phones even better. I spend way too much time on that site too. However, when I pick up my Pre from AT&T, I won't be hanging around there anymore, because it will be irrelevant.

    Sorry to be up on my, I'll step down now.
  13. #33  
    Don't have convince my friend, he has a BB Storm he said he'd happily go with the Pre Plus. He'd probably be better off with anything other than what he has though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions