1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm going on holiday to florida in a week and would ideally like to download a copy of a map of florida that I can use with GPS but not have to use data roaming. is this possible? would this navit for pre http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...navit-pre.html
    be a solution (i don't need turn by turn)
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I would also like some info on this as I'll be working in the US for a month soon.
  3.    #3  
    I have downloaded maptool and downloaded all the local maps that ill need for when im there (using mobile atlas creater). Hopefully this should work for me.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    I have downloaded maptool and downloaded all the local maps that ill need for when im there (using mobile atlas creater). Hopefully this should work for me.
    Does the UK version of the phone not come with Google Maps pre-loaded? That can also provided directions (driving, walking, and public transit).
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Navit is still an alpha release with a few quirks in it's UI, but has been stable enough for my uses so far. You can download the entire planet.bin file for Navit, which is 3.5 gigs and contains map data for the entire world. If you don't want the full planet.bin, there's a web site where you can drag across a world map and select the area(s) that you're interested in, and it will build you a custom file for just those locations.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Does the UK version of the phone not come with Google Maps pre-loaded? That can also provided directions (driving, walking, and public transit).
    he didnt want to use data roaming
    can't you pay your prodvider like 40 dollars to make your plan work in the us to? I know I can with bell in canada.

the trip is going to cost you so much tha I don't see 40 dollars making a huge difference.
  8.    #8  
    the best o2 will do is sell me multiples of 10MB upfront for 20 ($30's ish) otherwise its 6/MB (or if i go over what i've bought). To be safe I've really got no choice but to turn data roaming off.