1.    #1  
    I just noticed that when am browsing the web on my pre in landscape the gesture area no longer works as back or forward instead it's used for up and down for the webpage.
    yep
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    yeah, I find it annoying!
    They shouldof made the side a gesture area to, so then you could always do both.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    There's a patch for that.

'Disable Landscape Gesture Scroll'

(which disables the scroll feature and activates the back/forward swipe feature)
    Last edited by Freshyz; 05/09/2010 at 12:49 AM.
    I like it. If you don't, There is a patch to turn it off.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    lol, when i read the name of the thread, i knew it was gonna be about this
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    How about this one....open a few cards up and have precentral open as the last card to the left(or bottom if in landscape)and while viewing it take two fingers each one hovering over the gesture one on the left and one on the right, then just tap rapidly a few times, it'll blast through your cards in two shakes of a jack rabbits tail.

When you tap it's not both fingers together it's, left, right, left, right...ect,ect
    Last edited by bdog421; 05/09/2010 at 04:39 AM.
    huh?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    huh?
    Yeah kind of stinks but you learn to remember you need to hit the back key.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    huh?
    I just tried this. I think he's saying that if you have a bunch of cards open and your in card view tap your finger (just one finger) on the top of left corner (just under the spring logo) to scroll through the cards left

To scroll through your cards to the right just tap your finger underneath the battery icon.

It just shuffles through the cards with a tap rather than having to swipe them to left or right. nothing too crazy.
    I like the landscape scroll gesture. Makes for easy reading of longer webpages, as it's a convenient "page down".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    I just tried this. I think he's saying that if you have a bunch of cards open and your in card view tap your finger (just one finger) on the top of left corner (just under the spring logo) to scroll through the cards left

To scroll through your cards to the right just tap your finger underneath the battery icon.

It just shuffles through the cards with a tap rather than having to swipe them to left or right. nothing too crazy.
    Nothing too crazy yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. It's one finger over the left side of the gesture area and one over the right(not in card mode and prolly need advanced gestures on)then you quickly alternate taps,one on the left side gesture area and then one on the right side gesture area and so on and so forth. Only seems to go through the cards left to right. If you alternate your taps quick enough it will fly through all your open cards.

I just tried what you mentioned and I didn't know about that one, tapping the upper corners of the screen moves through your cards while in card view, but the gesture area is right there so it seems kinda odd to move up to the top of the screen.
    Last edited by bdog421; 05/09/2010 at 09:45 AM.
    This was demonstrated back at CES09, so yeah, nothing new. I love it myself, for the exact reason they mentioned back then... you can scroll without your finger covering the page.