1.    #1  
    Well my 3rd Pre since September is defective.

The first one's volume rocker switch broke in a way that the "down" button some how triggered the "up" button, so I couldn't lower the volume at all.

The second Pre's speaker was defective upon arrival; it was shipped broken.

And now my third Pre has the same problem as the first one, the volume rocker switch is defective.

Sigh. And this is all since September. Sprint will allow me to get a new type of phone, and I'm considering it because I have 0 confidence in the Pre's structure and would like to get something new before the 1 year warranty is over. Otherwise that's ~9 months after the warranty period that the phone will have to break.

Sigh, this truly is my most hated phone. Not only does it fall apart but it's extremely slow and buggy.
    think of it this way. You get a rand new phone every 90 days. that's awesome!
    were your replacement phones new or refurbs?
    ps. the 800mhz uberkernel will take care of speed issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    think of it this way. You get a rand new phone every 90 days. that's awesome!
    lol...true
    Sorry to hear.

I replaced my first Pre because of the USB crack. The phone worked perfectly fine I just didn't like the crack.

My replacement is working great. No problems at all. Running it at 800mhz and loving it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    If you don't love it and can't live with it......leave it!!! You have other options.
    If they are just giving you refurbs, this is bound to happen. When I see people get in these large replacement loops, it appears to me they are getting refurbs and not new phones.
    Is there a way to tell if you get a Refurb or New phone? I am getting my first replacement on Tuesday.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    If you get a new phone it will be in the box you bought your first pre in with charger and all. If it's a refub you will get a doggy box.

I am tired of all these threads with people complaining. If you don't like your phone change phone's and leave this site alone bc these threads are not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Well my 3rd Pre since September is defective.

The first one's volume rocker switch broke in a way that the "down" button some how triggered the "up" button, so I couldn't lower the volume at all.

The second Pre's speaker was defective upon arrival; it was shipped broken.

And now my third Pre has the same problem as the first one, the volume rocker switch is defective.

Sigh. And this is all since September. Sprint will allow me to get a new type of phone, and I'm considering it because I have 0 confidence in the Pre's structure and would like to get something new before the 1 year warranty is over. Otherwise that's ~9 months after the warranty period that the phone will have to break.

Sigh, this truly is my most hated phone. Not only does it fall apart but it's extremely slow and buggy.
    First off, I have no problem with people posting their experiences with the Pre. As long as in the right section ( which yours is).

Before going through 2 Pixis and now on my 3rd which is acting up, I wouldn't really believe people who said that they went through so many Pres. But now I believe them.

The only thing I can suggest is to see if sprint lets you exchange your phone out for another brand or a brand new Pre.

And to the people that get tired of these threads. Just don't click them. You set yourself up to get angry.
    I click these threads to encourage unlucky whiners to get a different phone and never come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I click these threads to encourage unlucky whiners to get a different phone and never come back.
    wow that's why everyone is leaving here..its people like you.
    You want the threads to stop, but you look forward to them to say that. Wow, you are one messed up individual if thats really how you think.
    I'm going to be on number 3 soon.. Well I've said that for a couple months now, but I guess I'm really lazy. A new one is going to be amazing, but I have a feeling bell won't replace it cause my phone "shows signs of physical damage."

I currently have the same volume issue you did, alot of random restarts (some say its software, but some don't have this problem.) my battery also jumps from 20 to zero, which is a battery problem.

I want to get a new pre...
  16.    #16  
    The Pres they give me are all brand new, not refurb.

Well I didn't have that option until the failure of my third phone... :/ I wanted to jump ship months ago.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    wow that's why everyone is leaving here..its people like you.
    I haven't been around enough to notice people leaving the community, but I can say it is one of the most UNWELCOMING forums I have been apart of. :/ Moderators need to step it up.

*edit*
    I thought the forum would automatically merge my two replies... oh well.