1.    #1  
    Dear Jason xxx,

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We apologize you are having a lot of trouble using the GPS function on the Palm Pre Plus. We are happy to assist you with using the Palm Pre Plus.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected. Based on the information provided, you are having problems using the GPS functionality on the Palm Pre Plus.

We value your business and do not wan to loose you as a customer. The Palm Pre Plus is Assisted and Standalone GPS capable. The Palm Pre Plus will be able to work with VZ Navigator and other applications that require GPS functionality. We want to ensure the Location Services feature is turned on for the Palm Pre Plus. Please use the link below to ensure the settings for GPS have been enabled:

How to Enable Position Location on Your PalmŪ

After completing the step above, you will be able to use mapping applications and other applications that require GPS.

We hope you find this information helpful and that our level of service rates a "10" with you. Troubleshooting tips and helpful Palm Pre Plus information can be found at http://www.verizonwireless.com/data. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Should you feel your current concerns are not fully resolved, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Gaylan

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement
  2.    #2  
    I was afraid of a response like that. Even though I explained all the trouble shooting I'd done, I still got a "canned" reply.
    That is just a standard response. Most of these technical support people never really know about this type of problem unless they have it in there system as a problem from Verizon directly.

You should of just asked if Verizon is locking down aGPS to third party apps on the Palm Pre Plus. See what response you would get.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is off topic yankboy, but did you figure out what was the issue with your non-charging/locked up pre+?
    at least we know Gaylan can perform Copy and Paste on his desktop.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i found turning on wifi, whether or not you are within range of a router, helps nudge my pre+ to a gps lock.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    This is off topic yankboy, but did you figure out what was the issue with your non-charging/locked up pre+?
    I suppose the battery was just really, really, really dead. I even let it charge for about 30 minutes and it still wouldn't turn on. Had to let it charge over night. When I got up in the morning, it was fine.