1.    #1  
    I have had my Sprint Pre for about a two months and love every moment of it. I started to get the dreaded Too Many Cards Errors. I did some reading around the forums and the JSTop patch seemed to be the remedy.

I had it working well, but over the last few days I have been getting Too Many Card errors without any cards open at all (This has never happened before).

I downloaded Govnah, and overclocked my pre to 600 MHz.

I am still getting frequent too many cards errors!

Does anyone have any suggestions? How can I get my Pre to run properly?
    Just out of curiosity, are you leaving the govnah card open? It continuously collects data and will eventually fill up the pre's memory, which would likely cause TMC errors.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you leaving the govnah card open? It continuously collects data and will eventually fill up the pre's memory, which would likely cause TMC errors.
    Not any more, they clear out after a certain time. Check Govnah thread for details.
    Govnah and Uberkernal are definitely causing a Too Many Cards error. This wasn't happening with the original Unipsycho/Caj2008 overclocking solution.
    Yes, I have experienced this too after installing them... But found it was happening when I had Govnah set to "screenstate" (500_800). When I set it to "userspace" (500,800,800) the TMC issue goes away. I was getting them a lot and this solved the problem. It seems that when set to check for screen state, there must be something the Govnah app sees that triggers it to think the screen' state changed and it drops the processor speed down...which causes the TMC issues. At least that's my interpretation.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/25/2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydcomment View Post
    Govnah and Uberkernal are definitely causing a Too Many Cards error. This wasn't happening with the original Unipsycho/Caj2008 overclocking solution.
    No, they aren't definitely causing it. I almost never (meaning I have gotten it literally three times since July of last year) get it on my Pre and I have been overclocked since the OC solution you mentioned was Alpha. I run Uber and Govnah set at 800 MHz all the time and have absolutely ZERO issues.

You may have it set in such a configuration that your Pre doesn't like, but that is the nature of experimenting with things like this and not a failing of the software.

The kernel code for Uberkernel is by Unixpsycho as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    No, they aren't definitely causing it. I almost never (meaning I have gotten it literally three times since July of last year) get it on my Pre and I have been overclocked since the OC solution you mentioned was Alpha. I run Uber and Govnah set at 800 MHz all the time and have absolutely ZERO issues.

You may have it set in such a configuration that your Pre doesn't like, but that is the nature of experimenting with things like this and not a failing of the software.

Don't be too quick to dismiss an issue just because you haven't experienced it. You said you are running in a different mode than others. See my post above and see that there may be an issue with running games/videos at different states. I've run the OC kernals going back to the beginning also and this is a brand new issue for me (nothing else changed on my device). These guys have done amazing work, but unforseen glitches can happen
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/25/2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Don't be too quick to dismiss an issue just because you haven't experienced it. You said you are running in a different mode than others. See my post above and see that there may be an issue with running games/videos at different states. I've run the OC kernals going back to the beginning also and this is a brand new issue for me (nothing else changed on my device). These guys have done amazing work, but unforseen glitches can happen
    Which is why I said this...

UberKernel correctly allows for scaling from 125-800 MHz and Govnah correctly sets and manages those frequencies.

The fact/possibility that a given app or set of apps doesn't respond well to certain frequency settings is not necessarily a shortcoming of the apps and kernels that make those frequency settings possible.

I just feel people need to be precise when describing what the issue may be instead of generalizing in such a way that on the surface appears to be laying blame on an on OC solution that is doing what it is supposed to.

EDIT... The OP stated that he started getting TMC all the time BEFORE he installed Govnah and Uber and they didn't resolve his problem. This would also be a clue that they couldn't be causing his problem.

BTW... congratulations on the new title. I just noticed it this morning.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/25/2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: additional info
    I have had the TMC issue as well when using screen_state. I will try it again using userspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    I had it working well, but over the last few days I have been getting Too Many Card errors without any cards open at all (This has never happened before).
    Welcome to my world

(see my avatar)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I always just do a restart and my issues are gone.
    i never got the TMC issue with super pre kernal; i switched to uberkernal when it first started and messed up my pre on some occassions (not TMC related), but now with the latest version i havent receive the TMC issue at all
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    ...I downloaded Govnah, and overclocked my pre to 600 MHz.

I am still getting frequent too many cards errors!

Does anyone have any suggestions? How can I get my Pre to run properly?
    ...I just feel people need to be precise when describing what the issue may be instead of generalizing in such a way that on the surface appears to be laying blame on an on OC solution that is doing what it is supposed to...
    I understand your point...but I read his question as not laying the blame on the OC... but that it simply didn't solve the issue and he is asking for other options/opinions. He's only had the device 2 months, so there's a learning curve for the OP yet.

Thanks for the 'congrats' - I appreciate it!

To the OP - just for the heck of it I would suggest changing your Govnah settings to either Performance, or Userspace with a min frequency no lower than 500MHz for a while and see if that helps you out. Mine works flawlessly under the screenstate settings until I do something processor-intensive like play a game, or a movie. I'm surely not saying this is an issue... just something I've experienced on my device. Try those settings and see if that helps out. I'm definitely not saying its a solution, but it may help
    No, they aren't definitely causing it.
    @pastor: I'm being as precise as I can be...I recognize that the people who designed all this are amazing...I just want to share my experiences. My experience has been that with the original overclocking solution that was out for us regular folk, I never (seriously never in the 3 or so weeks that I used it) had a 'TMC' error. I would dare say that it reduced the frequency of the 'TMC' error. This was especially true when I tried to play 3D games. Before the original overclocking, I almost always had to reset the phone before starting Assassin's Creed...after overclocking, I never had to reset.
    Since transitioning to the Uberkernal/Govnah solution, I've been getting 'TMC' errors more frequently than the old solution, and more frequently than when I had any overclocking solution. I'm back to reseting before launching Assasin's Creed.

@NNNewman: Thanks very much for the suggestion. I've tried it since you're reply. Still getting the 'TMC' error with Assasin's Creed. Will need to test longer to see if it changes the overall frequency.
    what do you think is the best frequency to live uber kernal on?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydcomment View Post
    @NNNewman: Thanks very much for the suggestion. I've tried it since you're reply. Still getting the 'TMC' error with Assasin's Creed. Will need to test longer to see if it changes the overall frequency.
    You don't have to do this as a 'standard'.... but if you didn't before, restart your device to get it 'fresh' and then set the Govnah to the higher speed. Try your game then and let us know if it still gets you the TMC error. If it does, then there is something else going on...
    I tried both.. Uber kernel and Super pre kernel,both are fantastic in their own way. Has for me I prefer using SPK because my phone seem to love that ondemand settings.. Tried the ondemand on the govnah,but while loading up speed for need game,the screen was flickering a lot.. I have save the links for the SPK in case I run into a issue using uber kernel.
    Just curious...has anyone else with either Uberkernel or SPK gotten TMC without anything loaded? I did and as a test to see if it may be Govnah (Uberkernel in my particular case) related, I simply turned off my Pre and waited a few seconds and then turned it back on using the power button. Simply turning off the screen and then back on after a few seconds solved my problem.

Either way, I need to do some more testing and we'll see what crops up. Sorli...
    Well... I tried some heavy video used this afternoon on the train ride home and even with my device set for 'performance' (800-500), I ended up getting the TCM issue again. Went into JSTop and dumped everything i wouldn't need for the rest of rhe ride (calendar, email, browser, camera) and went back to the video and had no issues the rest of the way. I may just switch back to the original 800MHz Kernal and see how that goes. Its all a learning process
    I've never seen this problem. I just have heat issues.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.