1.    #1  
    I installed the 800MHZ right after the 1.4.1.1 (latest) update and have been enjoying it with no issues. I have been reading some posts on a newer version that I want to try. I opened the original thread I bookmarked but I now do not see uninstall directions. The post is closed http://tiny.cc/39i96

So can someone give me step by step instructions on how to remove the older 800MHZ version and any info on where to get the latest updated one? Thanks.

I did try searching the uninstall and cannot find it.

Darren
  2.    #2  
    Question 2. Can I use preware kernel recovery to restore original palm kernel and then run the one that says stable? Is this the "superkernel" I have been hearing about? Thanks.
    Same problem here! I remember reading about the uninstall script - but forgot where to find it!
    Found it

Uninstall procedure:
    Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, write
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall (720 MHz kernel)

Or alternatively write

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall (800 MHz kernel)
    Last edited by henning737; 05/08/2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: fixed the name of the script
    If you have the one for kernel 1.4 or higher use:

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

That did the trick for me
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I as well need to step up to the UberKernal but lost my uninstall info when my comp took a crap.

One question, the '1351' part seems wrong to me. Shouldn't it be '14' or simular? I thought the 720/800 came out around 1.4.0?
    Sorry for the '1351' - yes that should say '14'!

Unfortunately I ran into a new snag:

did the uninstall - looks like 500MHz now - however, I can't install the ueberkernel or the original one! Some files seem to be still modified......

Is there a way (besides doctor) to force the installation?
    try installing the palm kernel to go back to the clean kernel.

in preware
    Did that - no success....

That was yesterday - It does work with the new preware 1.0 - figure that!

Anyway - ueberkernel and govnah installed and all is well
    Last edited by henning737; 05/12/2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: New preware
    How I did it

open up webos quick install and go to "tools" "Device Management" then remove the 800mhz patch. reboot and install uber kernal.

edit:

didnt see the last post, glad you got it working