Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well th iPhone 3gs is 7.2 ready for whenever the network gets updated, but is the pre?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I honestly don't think 7.2 matters that much.

I did a head to head speed test between my EV-DO Pre on Bell's network at 3.1Mbps and a 3GS on Rogers 21Mbps HSPA+, my Pre beat out the 3GS fair and square.

Coverage and quality of the signal is way more important rather than on paper numbers.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well th iPhone 3gs is 7.2 ready for whenever the network gets updated, but is the pre?
    Yup. At the very least my GSM Pre (German O2) is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I honestly don't think 7.2 matters that much.

I did a head to head speed test between my EV-DO Pre on Bell's network at 3.1Mbps and a 3GS on Rogers 21Mbps HSPA+, my Pre beat out the 3GS fair and square.

Coverage and quality of the signal is way more important rather than on paper numbers.
    That is true, but when using a 3.6 and 7.2 device side by side on the same network, you would think the one capable of highers speeds would in fact run at higher speeds. Oh, well I guess we shall soon see.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    OK, thanx for posting this-i've been reading and am not really clear on what the pre can do to meet my current needs that my Pro is doing just fine (except for having font so small i can't read without my glasses. getting old sucks)

question 1) I know Carriers are stopping the tether capability. is there a patch or cab file that will make it posible? (not just a cool 'gotta have'-i use this often)

2) Documents. i need to be able to read and edit word docs. i've looked into a few things, but they all seem new and still under construction. what do you all use for ms word and excell?

3)customize alarms on different applications/alarm clocks, etc.
    i heard the the pre allows only what it gives you, you have no choice. true? false?

4) sync to my work computer and it's calender. sync to my home computer for contacts and provide a go-between to keep both updated.

Whenever i see a glimmer of these questions being answered, most reviews defaults to the 'apps'. ok, but WHAT apps?
    thanx guys. i will prolly buy tomorrow, but would love the answers before i purchase. AND i'm keeping my pro safe, just incase the pre+ turns out it can't provide strong business grade apps and performance.
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    OK, thanx for posting this-i've been reading and am not really clear on what the pre can do to meet my current needs that my Pro is doing just fine (except for having font so small i can't read without my glasses. getting old sucks)

question 1) I know Carriers are stopping the tether capability. is there a patch or cab file that will make it posible? (not just a cool 'gotta have'-i use this often)
    Don't know yet for AT&T on how restricted it is, Verizon has Mobile Hotspot built-in, and foreign units can tether via Bluetooth. Sprint actively disables IP Forwarding so need a patch.
    2) Documents. i need to be able to read and edit word docs. i've looked into a few things, but they all seem new and still under construction. what do you all use for ms word and excell?
    Not possible at the current time. No app for it.
    i heard the the pre allows only what it gives you, you have no choice. true? false?
    Can you be a little more specific? Do you mean alarm tones? I set different tones for different alarms no problem.
    4) sync to my work computer and it's calender. sync to my home computer for contacts and provide a go-between to keep both updated.
    Idea of webOS is everything is synced to the cloud. You just need your desktop client to connect to the same server, e.g. Google.
    Whenever i see a glimmer of these questions being answered, most reviews defaults to the 'apps'. ok, but WHAT apps?
    thanx guys. i will prolly buy tomorrow, but would love the answers before i purchase. AND i'm keeping my pro safe, just incase the pre+ turns out it can't provide strong business grade apps and performance.
    See above...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post

Ok, I don't have an answer for setting up custom alarms, but if an app supports setting your own sounds, then that would work.

Now, the "normal" method with the Pre(and Pre Plus) would be to have the phone sync to Google(gmail and calendar), and you could then have your home system set to sync up to your Google account. I believe that Yahoo is also supported.

There ARE other apps(you can check the app catalog on the phone)...the http://www.palm.com/migrate-pre site helps move to the Pre and Pre Plus, while http://palm.com/sync-solutions site will show you some of the other methods for connecting to the Pre.

Document viewers are a dime a dozen. I'll test in a bit to see what comes with the Pre Plus(AT&T version) as far as viewing and editing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12