1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. My boss and I both own Sprint Pres with 1.4.1.1 installed. We both have the same settings and patches, and are both using the 800mhz IPK by Unixpsycho/caj2008. His Pre has a warranty date of August 2009, mine is July 2009. He can take his phone off the charger at 6am, and be at 80% battery by 2pm, while I take mine off the charger at 9am, and will be at 60% by 2pm, with the same types of usage, with his off the charger longer. We basically just text and use two email accounts, all set to push. He also may receive about 5-6 less-than-5-minute phone calls during that timeframe, while I'll receive about 3.

I have noticed that when I try to apply any types of scaling on my Pre with CPUScaler (I have also tried Uberkernel and Govnah) down to 250mhz or 125mhz, my Pre will freeze instantly and I'll have to remove the battery to start it back up. However my boss's Pre works fine with any scaling. I am wondering if different CPUs that don't have the same capabilities of scaling/powersaving, etc. cannot hold a charge as well as the more efficient CPUs that can do all of the above. Can more people chime in about their settings, usage, scaling capabilities, and battery life?
    When I first instslled the Uber-Kernal, my phone froze about 5 times whenever I tried to change the setting with Govnah. After about 24 hours however, I was able to change settings with no problems and my Pre hasn't froze since. Perhaps the phone needs some time to adjust to a new kernel.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i have a pre plus and have no problems scaling down to 125 or 250MHz. when i was using super pre kernal and cpu scaler 250/800 i would get battery life about the same, maybe a little worse than your boss'. i have a 1350mah seidio battery but i had three email accounts set to push and maybe did more emailing over 3G throughout the day.
    i switched to uber kernel because of compatibility with webos 1.4.1.1. with uber kernel and govnah set to screen state 500/800 i would get battery life more similar to yours though.
    Im trying the conservative governor now scaling down to 125MHz, still evaluating battery life in real world use.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the input guys!
  5.    #5  
    I forgot to add my boss has been running only 800mhz for the last week or so, no scaling whatsoever. He was using CPUScaler at first.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I forgot to add my boss has been running only 800mhz for the last week or so, no scaling whatsoever. He was using CPUScaler at first.
    yeah battery life is usually better if you dont scale the cpu.
    Oh, I forgot to mention, I've been running the performance setting with min. set at 550Mhz and max. at 600Mhz with decent battery life and good performance.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    One thing that you might want to check is the battery cell origin. While it does seem like your CPU might be from the lower end of the bin, Korean cells have been known to be higher quality than Japanese cells. Origin is printed on the back of your battery, so you'll have to shut down the phone and take it out to check.

While my Pre doesn't freeze when scaling, a bunch of weird bugs have cropped up when I told it to scale 250-800. Scaling is a two-edged sword however, and I've found that scaling 500-800 actually has a bigger battery impact on my device than keeping it running at a constant 800. Didn't make any sense to me until one webOS-Internals Dev pointed out the term Race To Idle. Google it. Makes a lot of sense.
  9.    #9  
    I have two Korean batteries, my boss has one. For now I have mine running at 500mhz constantly along with SmartReflex while my boss is using 800mhz and no SR. I'll report back this week to see if there's a change. I'm running the Uber-kernel, also.