1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/08/lenovo-lephone-unboxed-exhaustively-reviewed-ahead-of-launch-in/

it has gesture area - does have patent for lawsuit
    i hope so, but it was only a matter of time before somebody copied it...kinda sad
    it'd be kind of hard to patent a gesture area. that'd be like patenting a button, wouldn't it? palm would be silly to make a big deal out of this when they swiped the "pinching" motions to zoom in and out from the iPhone.
    Wasn't apple working on a patent for camera based gestures for the iphone? I thought I read something like that before. But we all know apple patents everything.
    Last edited by pre_task_king; 05/08/2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: .
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    it'd be kind of hard to patent a gesture area. that'd be like patenting a button, wouldn't it?
    Apple Patents The Invisible Button
    If you follow the link to the original review, you'd notice that the Lenovo phone also has a MagSafe charging plug. So even if Palm has a patent for the gesture area, I guess Apple would beat them to the court with a MagSafe patent lawsuit.

Anyhow, unless Lenovo tries to sell this phone here in the US, I don't foresee any lawsuits. We all know US patents are useless in China, right?
    Why should palm sue? It's just the touchscreen extended below the lcd.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Why should palm sue? It's just the touchscreen extended below the lcd.
    Digitizer. Touchscreen = LCD + Digitizer.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    it'd be kind of hard to patent a gesture area. that'd be like patenting a button, wouldn't it? palm would be silly to make a big deal out of this when they swiped the "pinching" motions to zoom in and out from the iPhone.
    And apparently Apple got it from a company on the other side of the planet, in Japan i think?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_task_king View Post
    we all know apple patents everything.
    Couldn't be truer. Next, Steve Jobs will patent the way he wipes his *** after taking a dump.
    He already has. He wipes it with his iPhone utilizing the "Multifunctional handheld device" patent.

Ok, I kid, but I had to take a stab at it.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Touch sensitive buttons have been around since the original chocolate. Palm just made em a whole lot better is all.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    Couldn't be truer. Next, Steve Jobs will patent the way he wipes his *** after taking a dump.
    He doesn't have to wipe his ***, there's an app for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I thought he had his ******* take care of that?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.