1.    #1  
    Is there a way to browse shared files on my home network on the pre? The reason I ask is because I have a set of speakers that I bring outside for parties and bbq's and would like to open up a playlist on my home network and have the music stream to my pre.
    yeah that would be great
    have you tried ampachepre or ampache mobile that does just what you are asking in regards to music
    You can also just put the collection on a web server, and create a playlist that is a list of the urls (http://my.home.server/musicfile1.mp3 ...) and just fire that up, if you don't feel like going through the effort of bringing a streaming audio server onlilne. That assumes setting up a web server is less effort than setting up a media streaming service, of course :-)
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by elduderino1234 View Post
    Is there a way to browse shared files on my home network on the pre? The reason I ask is because I have a set of speakers that I bring outside for parties and bbq's and would like to open up a playlist on my home network and have the music stream to my pre.
    Yup you should check out the Ampache apps, and I bet you'll use them more than for parties and bbqs.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    Have you ever tried using Orb?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    but the question is still there... how do you browse shared folders on a wifi LAN using your Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    but the question is still there... how do you browse shared folders on a wifi LAN using your Pre?
    With ssh.
    : (){:|:&};: