Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not starting a post on life but rather charging, when do you charge,how often, does it sit on the stone when at home,work or all night while you sleep? Is it good to keep always fully charged while at home? should you run them down lets hear what you do. I normally just place it on the stone at about 10-11pm and take it off at 8am.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    If I'm using the the small battery, it sits on the stone periodically when not in use in the office or car.. If I'm using the 2600mah battery (which is most of the time) I charge it overnight.

I try not to be at less than 40% charge when away from a charging source, because the battery seems to drain faster toward the end...
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Charge mine from 10 to 6 am. Then when i get home around 3pm i charge it till 4:30 pm then come home and charge it at 10 again.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
  4.    #4  
    sounds like most people are doing the same. Just good to know.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  5. PrX
    I charge battery every day (in the evening). About one week ago my Palm Pre "survived" two days! :P
    Best regards,
    PrX
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    I charge battery every day (in the evening). About one week ago my Palm Pre "survived" two days! :P
    I wish mine did :O.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    pretty much all day,,if home it sits on ts.in my car it's plugged into usb port on my car stereo,and I always have my solio solar charger with me.
    I charge mine whenever it needs to hit the TS. I use to charge it over night but the light from the TS keeps me up so I have changed my habits to avoid overnight charging.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I've got a TouchStone at home, at work and in my car. When at work or in my car, the phone is on the TS charging. When I'm home, it charges overnight. I charge the phone whenever I can... But, every month or so, I will try to drain the battery and then charge it overnight...
    Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    I have only had my Pre for a few days, however I keep it on the stone whenever i'm not using it.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I try to keep the battery fully charged as often as possible. When at work I'll put it on the car charger for my lunch break. When at home and I'm awake I pretty much keep it on the stone till I go to sleep and then remove it.

After you've conditioned your battery most seem to agree that draining it further before recharging will sorten the life and/or capacity of your battery, I believe that to be true as well.
    Charges all night on the touchstone while I sleep, while at home it's either on touchstone or on me, never under 90% battery. I sometimes take my charger to work so I can listen to Slacker Radio without having to worry about my phone dying.
    My battery is a 2250. I charge it from 10pm to 5 am. Then from 8 until I leave work at 3:30. Even my extended battery will not hold a charge longer than 5 hours so when I have a charger near I leave it on the charger.
    I have the Amzer 1400 battery. I put my phone on the Touchstone at night, depending on when the battery is about to die but anywhere from 9-12p, and take it off usually between 11a-1p (when I'm ready to use the Pre). Sometimes if I have extra heavy use I'll have to charge it in the afternoon, but then usually the Pre goes on the Touchstone before it reaches warning level at night.

I keep my Seideo solar/wall/car travel battery charger (slightly bigger than the Pre) with me, too, just in case. I'll sometimes use it at home, too, if I need to use my phone while it charges (so I can use it anywhere/walk around with it).
  15.    #15  
    wow and I felt bad leaving it on the TS all night but is seems its the norm.
    Mine has been sitting on the TS charger when not being used for almost a year now. The Pre is programmed not to overcharge and also, with these types of batteries it is good to keep them topped off.
    honestly, i charge mine pretty much anytime i'm able. all night, every night. if i'm in the car, i plug it in. if i'm at work, i plug it in. i never leave the house with it less than 60% for more than two hours. i use it so much that if it were to die i'd be lost.

i think i should really look into a solar charger for when i'm out and about during the summer on bike or foot.
    When just reading the subject line (not actually knowing what the question would be), my answer was going to be:
    "Every 5 minutes, whether you need it or not!"
    That turns out to be a pretty good answer for the actual question too!
    In practice, I charge when I remember. I don't have a TS. Usually I charge it overnight except when I'm too tired to remember to do that. I'd say with the standard battery (plus that the battery will "last longer" when not "deep cycled" as much) I'd say to put it on the touchstone when you remember to, and to charge it every night overnight.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Like most others, I leave mine on the TS overnight (I have Brightness Unlinked, so don't have the clock on on the TS), and use the TS (both at work and at home) during the day when it not in use. Used to use the car charger every day on the way home from work, but don't need to much since I got a 2nd TS. Sometimes with heavy, continual use, my charge drops pretty low, but usually it's back on the TS somewhere in the 70's.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  20.    #20  
    mine is normally at the 40% mark after all day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast