1.    #1  
    Do anyone know the procedure on how to download dvd movies on to my palm pre? Any help would be highly appreciated...Thanks!
    this has been addressed many times before, so here's the condensed version:

1. You'll have to use a conversion program to turn the movie into a format/resolution the Pre supports.

2. Drag the converted movie to your Pre.

Search Google and read up on all this, 'cause there are many options to accomplish the two steps above.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    For a free program that does this, google "Videora Palm Pre Converter". The interface is a little bit non-intuitive but it does the job very well once you get past that.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a lot...
    you can hit me up and I will shoot you some details. but basically, you have to rip the dvd and use a program called hand break to prep to install: Check this out: w.youtube.com/watch?v=x_f842xRb28
    I do thia all the time, However I still don't have a pre as I am waiting for ATT, but I assume it will work the same.
    I use settings for ipod which creates mp4 with the correct resolution /c the pre screen and iphone have the same resolution. I use Handbrake for that...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/08/2010 at 11:41 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    For a free program that does this, google "Videora Palm Pre Converter". The interface is a little bit non-intuitive but it does the job very well once you get past that.
    ok,so I've finished installing videora palm pre converter... put the dvd in the computer... what next? how do I get it on the phone now?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Do anyone know the procedure on how to download dvd movies on to my palm pre? Any help would be highly appreciated...Thanks!
    handbrake mate. good app for copying dvd's to your comp in pretty much any format you want - just select one on the right side list in the program before you start
    Twitter: adamcarter
  9.    #9  
    thanks..
    DoubleTwist does a good job. You drag-and-drop any video format and it'll convert it into Pre, Droid, PSP, iPhone and many other compatible formtas for the devices it supports.

Of course, you'll have to decrypt or download the movie on your own.

BTW...DoubleTwist was developed by DVD_Jon...the same guy you can thank for writing DeCSS, the basis of all DVD ripping...he basically broke the encryption code of DVD copy protection. He's an internet hero.
    I recommend handbrake Using the iPhone/iPod Touch preset and makeing a queue of all your movies... On my Mac Pro I can convert approximately 50 movies in 1 day using the queue.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I use settings for ipod which creates mp4 with the correct resolution /c the pre screen and iphone have the same resolution. I use Handbrake for that...
    can you give me specific on what to do after downloading handbrake? I'm totally at lost with this thing.... Do I have to download the movie from the dvd on to the computer first? Then if so,what is the next step? I usually do everything from my phone... not too techie with a computer at all.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    How large is the mp4 for a typical movie using Videora? I used DVD Decrypter and got a 4.5 GB VOB file? Will converting to AVI then MP4 make the file smaller? The AVIs I have downloaded for movies are usually less than 1 GB then Videora creates an MP4 around a half GB.

Thanks!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    How large is the mp4 for a typical movie using Videora? I used DVD Decrypter and got a 4.5 GB VOB file? Will converting to AVI then MP4 make the file smaller? The AVIs I have downloaded for movies are usually less than 1 GB then Videora creates an MP4 around a half GB.

Thanks!
    Sounds like you need to change the setting for the type of file you're converting to. Most DVD-to-mobile conversions end up around 500-800MB; 4.5GB VOB is pretty much the full movie off the DVD.
    change your frame size to iphone size.
    can you give me specific on what to do after downloading handbrake? I'm totally at lost with this thing.... Do I have to download the movie from the dvd on to the computer first? Then if so,what is the next step? I usually do everything from my phone... not too techie with a computer at all.
    How to Rip DVD's for Your iPod, Apple TV or iPhone using Handbrake [tutorial]
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Do you mean convert dvd to mobile phone mp4 or 3gp format? I know eahoosoft dvd ripper can do this with high quanlity and fast speed